is it me or?

Agreed!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I liked some of the bikes, and some of the races, but the ending was proper buck rodgers :p

Reply to
Theo

KB2 is a seperate film and should not be considered as a sequel.

Reply to
Theo

he was putting me off with shit acting

Reply to
Vamp

true i forgot all about that, maybe it's just gone in 60 seconds as wasn't he in

8mm? that was ok, cack plot but an ok film cage acting wise
Reply to
Vamp

60 seconds and he comes

From the G.Clooney school of method-free acting. That is, free of any method apart from reading lines and pulling faces.

Reply to
Mark W

You are right it's not a patch on the original but did have better camera work for the chase seines though it felt to clinical. It's a shame they can't get away with doing things the way they did with the Italian job anymore as the cuts to CG enhanced bits are still to clear.

Reply to
Depresion

I thought the original was s**te...

Liked the remake tho :)

Reply to
Dan405

I just love the "road" movies of that era the look of being made for $100 they found down the back of the sofa.

Reply to
Depresion

While we are on the subject of cringe inducing films C5 has one about to start but cringe inducing in a different way

"What can you make of this weather report?"

"I can make a hat...a broach....a pterodactyl!"

Reply to
Depresion

Ummm, well I dunno about that...

The first one's called Kill Bill, the second one's called Kill Bill 2 and Kill Bill 2 is the continuation of Kill Bill. Also, Tarantino wrote it all as one story and then split it into two parts as he thought it to be too long to fit into one movie. They *should* be viewed as two parts of one story, but shouldn't be considered as a continuation of the same genre - rather like Alien and Aliens are sequels, but one is a horror and the other is an action movie. So there.

;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

QT said himself that the films were seperate entities and in his opinion totally different,

Reply to
Theo

wild at heart?

Reply to
Theo

He also said that after people watched KB2, they would have a greater understanding of the first film. I don't see how you can completely separate two parts of the same story. I would have imagined QT said that as a defence against the lack of action in KB2 compared to KB1.

Reply to
Chris B

QT has always made films exactly how he wanted, I fail to see how he needs to defend KB2, its not all about action for me anyway.

Reply to
Theo

seconds and he comes

he plays nicholas cage well... i guess if you like that (i don't mind it) hes ok..

Reply to
""/pi/"

Yep, me too. My DVD collection consists of all sorts of wierdo stuff. Hard Boiled, Battle Royale, and Kids, are three of my faves for example.

But that doesn't make the "Hollywood Blockbuster" any less entertaining. Bad Boys 2 for example, was very good indeed !

Open your mind a bit :)

Reply to
Nom

Agreed. The Hulk was spectacularly bad !

The bit when he's jumping around that canyon thing, made be laugh out loud !

Reply to
Nom

I've not seen Kids what's it like?

Reply to
Depresion

I think we've got a bit crossed here somewhere. I never said that it was all about action. Still. I think it's like this. KB2 isn't so much a sequel as it is a continuation of the story. It was always filmed with the intention of it being in two parts. According to you, QT said they are two separate entities - I saw an interview where he said that pt.2 gives a greater understanding of pt.1 - in which case they are not separate. So, either QT is contradicting himself (lets face it, the rate at which words spew from his mouth, this could be the case) or we're just taking two little things he said out of context here.

In terms of genre and style - the two films are very different and can be considered separate. In terms of story, KB2 is cleary the second part of KB1. I don't see how anyone, QT included, could say otherwise.

Whatever, as far as I'm concerned, they both rock.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B