Is that it then ?

Oh... you've done the deal then. :-S

You know what I mean. :-P

'How to burn money for no reason - part 35 in a series of 106'

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Every so often I think "maybe I should buy another Alfa" then I read something like that and sanity re-asserts itself.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In the whole time I had the Alfa on extended test, it never put a foot wrong and I did a couple of very minor repairs to it, so technically it's better than when I got it. But in the end, I just couldn't make myself believe that it wasn't looking to break my heart at the most financially inconvenient moment in a way that the boring old Golf just never will.

That's why its new owner picks it up tomorrow. A self confessed enthusiast, thankfully, he's coming into it with his eyes open.

Still looking for an MX5.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Steve Firth

I thought my comment in another place that before tackling the Integrale, we'd need to get the 156's radiator changed was hint enough?

Heh.

Maybe. I actually quite like the 156 V6 as long as it doesn't get properly hot. Hence the rad, and the rad came with the car...

Reply to
Timo on tour

I've taken up running...

Reply to
Abo

Ah... I'd presumed you were referring to the other heap with the same name. ;-)

Silly question perhaps, but why didn't the last owner fit the rad... :- S

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

If it's only the thought of a rad replacement that puts you off, you're easily scared :). Unfortunately the radiators on 156s are well known to be consumables and don't seem to last much longer than about six years. And my V6 looks like it's still on the original rad.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

No, it's just a reminder that nice as the 156 is, that like all Alfas it is made of tinfoil, putty and brillo pads.

So's the rest of the car. The one I drove in Italy disintegrated around me on a trip around the GRA.

Reply to
Steve Firth