Is this engine worth modifying.

I have been looking ... so far every unit i've seen has black carbon under the oil filler cap. If mine has run up 120k in 16 years without any sign of carbon, i'm sure there is a 3.5 litre unit out there the same.

Maybe i'm too fussy??

Reply to
SDD

Spot on ... bmw's diesel engine which runs on petrol. What an absolute hoot to drive .... the thing has power where other beemers don't.

My 730i has always felt less powerful, until you get it above 4000rpm, then the normal bmw "urgency" kicks in.

Side by side, the eta would leap ahead, but i think by the time the 525e got to

70mph, the 730i would also be at 70mph, then the 730i would gain on it.

Thats why i like using the e around town and the i for weekends!!

B.t.w ... i once chased a 1990 7 series alpina, and kept with it all the way to 100mph. In the french car of course!!

Reply to
SDD

lot of alpina badges dont mean shit.

Reply to
Theo

You forget that AX can keep up with an Audi S4....

Reply to
Dan405

hummm BOLLOCKS, specially not a new one, (yum)

Reply to
Theo

Are you suggesting that the 3,455,632 tales of "My AX destroyed this today" may not all be entirely accurate?

Theo, how dare you ;)

Reply to
Dan405

This car is up for sale in norfolk at the moment.

Reply to
SDD