Just a couple of things...

Went to the American car show at Tatton Park today.

Not a bad day, bikes doing the Wall of Death, lots of hot dog stands, some lunatic on a bike doing jumps over a stretched (by 200") Hummer H2, and loads proper 60's and 70's Muscle cars.

Was worth the admission fee just to hear the 630bhp (at rear wheels) Dodge Daytona. Nice 600 hp Hemi 'Cuda there an all..

Anyway, this is allegedly a modified car group, so I suspect my latest plans should be aired.

Firstly, we're gonna semi - monster truck the Excursion.. 20" body lift and some stupidly big wheels and tyres. Should be different.

Secondly, I've decided to do some bits to the XR4x4, so the Capri will be up for grabs soon. Just need to put front discs on it and give it a shiny new MOT.

The Merc is still up for grabs if anyone can be arsed. £200 if yer quick.

The plans for the Sierra?

Gonna be on the lookout for a Sapphire 2000E with a nice body and trim, but knackered mechanicals, and a 24v Granada with a knackered body but a good engine.

Yup, I'm gonna put the 24v in a Sapphire, put the 4x4 running gear in, and create a nice Q car.

Amazing the lengths some people will go to for leather and AC innit?

Should be reasonably quick too. 200+ bhp, 4x4 and subtle.

Reply to
Pete M

Went last year. Didn't do this year. had it plagged on the Calendar for Saturday, and with Retrocars show for Sunday. Decided not to do the stars and stripes, then forgot Retrocars was on, had a lie in, and saw the Calendar reminder at 11.30 on a Sunday morning when I went to check email.

Bugger, because of a stupid lie in, I missed both shows.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo