just to annoy that Vamp person

heh, in my mates workshop before.. where they're building those MR2 - 355 things...

they've just finished the moulds for the new shape MR2 into 360 Modena.

but if you want your MR2 355ing.. I may just be able to help :-D

Reply to
Pete M

yuck! hate that ferrari kit shit...

an MR2 is an MR2 not a damn ferrari, start it up and people laugh and say 'that aint a ferrari'

i do however like the new MKIII MR2 with the TRD body kit MMMMMM

Reply to
Vamp

There was a MR2 Turbo with the 355 kit around here on Tyneside not so long ago. The guy hd gone to the expense of fitting the Ferrari badges, Ferrari seats, Ferrari steering wheel and gear shift, and even the Ferrari Badge on the engine so you could see it through the engine venting. First time we realised it wasn't a Ferrari was only cos we heard it dump off on gear change...

Had been resprayed Ferrari Rosso as well *drool* It's the only red paint manufacturers should be allowed to use!

Reply to
Andy Connolly

Vamp raved thus:

:: yuck! hate that ferrari kit shit... :: :: an MR2 is an MR2 not a damn ferrari, start it up and people laugh :: and say 'that aint a ferrari'

Could have a word with Zcars and get them to stick a couple of bike engines in the back...

Abo

Reply to
Abo

And the headlights halfway up the front didn't give it away?

Anyone who's seen a real 348/355 should be able to spot a Fiero or MR2 fake from 200 yards ;)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Further if the engine is running ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Nah, I disagree, perhaps any car fan who's spent a few minutes admiring the Ferrari's curves (and what car nut hasn't?!), but to most of the public, they won't be able to tell the differences!

Reply to
DervMan

I agree with you derv, I saw one recently and it was very well done, had ferrari clusters and badges etc, it did take a closer look to tell, the best way to tell is the amount of overhang over the back wheels, ie bugger all on the real thing.. I reckon the toyota ones looks very very nice, and with 300 horsies easily available plus engine mid ships it should go very very well.

Reply to
Theo

And this won't offend anybody 'cos it's not the real thing, and of course not wishing to give the game away as to why I'm skint, but Ferrari F355 lookalike with a . . .

. . .

Turbodiesel.

:)

But just a weany four banger to start with. :(

Reply to
DervMan

and

bmw 3.0 TDI, or even better the 320 turbo derv mercedes lump..... ahh that would be so sweet.

Reply to
Theo

Yes, it would, but it's trying to persuade my boss to get those cars, then to spin them and crash backwards to write it off!

Reply to
DervMan

oil

hmmm tricky try stealing a bus engine.

Reply to
Theo

Nah, a big yank turbo/supercharged diesel V8 Torque monster in a small light tight 2 seater chassis

Reply to
MeatballTurbo