Applying a little make-up to Orca

Hi all! Following a few bad (slushy) winters and a little neglect, not to mention a car park shunt my Orca has been in a bad way, visually. The car runs absolutely perfectly, so time for a little investment in the bodywork.

Here she is just being prepped for a re-spray:

Other customers may recognise the chap in the picture :) The NSF wing has had to be re-built along the very edge (as did the NSR) and the OSF inner wing re-built with new metal and new outer wing altogether. Brand new!

Sorry for the camera shake on that one :( The more keen eyed among you may have noticed a set of wheels in the first picture. Yup ... They've been re-furbished and primed and are not ready for spraying ... Yes, Cirrus White next week. Al reckons that's the car equivalent of an Essex girl (UK joke, but it does translate) but I reckon it will work. The grille is being done in Cirrus White, too ... I wonder if lipstick pink would have been a better choice :)

My doors were rotten. In fact, my OS door had snapped :o A new pair of doors have been donated from a couple of late model C900s; one metallic green, the other metallic blue ... But white now.

Not a jot of rust one those! I remember thinking how proud I was a few years ago that my doors were in such good shape ... Just goes to show how quickly things can go downhill.

Finished pictures will follow. I can't wait!

Cheers all,

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

That's great Paul -

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see her finished either. Will you be able to stare directly at her without sunglasses :)

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Yeah she's looking damn fine. Hope you're gonna show her off at the national next year!

I need a similar job doing on mine, but I'm not especially cash rich at the mo' so she'll have to wait a bit longer :-(

Al

Reply to
Al