LED lights

I'm thinking of changing the sidelight bulbs in my car for some LED ones. But are any of the ones available as bright, or brighter than an average 5W wedge type bulb?

Reply to
Mark W

Yes, you can get bulbs that have leds in a cluster. They replace the normal bulb. Seen stop (21W) bulbs. You can get from america quite cheaply, or make your own. I`m making a cluster for my car. Getting a circuit board made up.

What car do you have?

Timmmay

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

try them

Reply to
mark

Those are better prices than i have come across before, Stop and tail £14 a pair - and they will last almost forever - prob a couple of times the cars life expectancy. I think america is reasonably cheaper still, due to our strong pound.

Thanks Darren

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

OK - are any of their replacement wedge bulbs as bright, or brighter than, a conventional 5W sidelight bulb?

Reply to
Mark W

Just rememeber that LEDs only shine forwards and don't use the reflector at all. You can't see them very well from the side.

Reply to
yeha

Just come back from near coventry (to london) picking up a bike with my mate. Following him back with led stop lights, got to say i was not impressed, found on a dark stretch I could hardly see him in front of me. Then again, might have been wrong type, we will see when we replace the bulbs.

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Just look on eBay.

My comb> Those are better prices than i have come across before,

Reply to
Nom

I was in the car - he had the bike with led stoplights

Reply to
timmmmayyy!