MJ LEE contact details.

People Hi,

I would be extremely obliged if someone could advise me of the contact details, or internet site/e-mail address of MJ Lee (the maker of custom LR wheel rims and twin shock mounts)

Thanks in advance Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

martyn thanks for the swift reply .

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Look ! now you've got me enquiring about wheels!!!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

People Hi,

one more question. Does anyone remember or know who is selling those German made clear lens replacement lights for the Defender? I seem to remember I have read about them at one of the LR magazines but unfortunately searching my archive has not provided any details. I guess the page must have passed before my eyes but I did not see it (checking about 30 issues of LR magazines makes your eyes dizzy)

Take care and thanks again for your kind input Pantelis

P.S. If anyone has fitted them I would be extremely curious to hear your impressions.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:21:10 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

d'you mean for indicators?

same effect can easily be achieved using standard sidelight lens and an orange bulb, got 'em on mine... Make sure you get parallel pin bulbs, not offset pin ones, though. The offset ones are supposed to stop people putting white bulbs in lamps which are only designed for amber ones.

Personally, I reckon they look neat. Perhaps I'm sad.

in the UK, at least, the LR type lenses with 2 screws (LEP - England markings) are readily available from places selling trailer stuff and motor factors.

ISTR you can get red bulbs, too, dunno if they're dual-filament 21/5W, but if so, you could do the same trick on the back lights and indicators, though I've not done mine.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

try

i called them a couple of weeks ago and they didnt have them in yet. i agree though they are neet.

Reply to
Jon Kelly

Found one of the adverts in the LR magazines, called them on the phone and it appears they are still developing them.

Take care and thanks for the URL.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:28:03 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

which lights?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Clear glass lens front headlight replacements for Defender 90/110/130 and possibly also for RaRo Classic.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:59:03 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

aha. I thought you were on about the white indicator lenses which have also appeared on some of the new models.

Mind, apart from styling, is there anything to gain from said lights? Got Halogen type ones (Wipac, I think) in the 110 and with some decent bulbs they're not at all bad. I'll probably eventually put another set of spots on it, (one of the originals got smashed) but that's really mostly for show, to be honest - there's enough light from the normal main beams.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Allegedly they offer better lighting than standard lens halogen lights due to the fact that the light from the bulb is scattered by the multi-angled mirror and not by the lens which is totally clear.

Take care Pantelis

P.S. In any case I am sure good quality halogen bulbs (those 30% more light philips ones) and a proper wiring harness with direct feed from the battery and relays will have to used if optimum lighting is required.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Yes, but on the downside, they make you look like a bit of a Kev! (or Spiro?)

David

Reply to
David French

As long as Spiro likes it and pays his money it is his own business I guess (mind you I am not looking for them for myself, since the Defenders in my stable are practicing to be converted to plants, aka they are not moving at all)

Take care Pantelis

multi-angled

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos