Life update.

Elder wrote: >>> Been seeing a young lady in Blackpool since February so my fuel mileage >>> gets an additonal 100 miles every other weekend, sometimes every >>> weekend. >> Good for ya! If it's got breasts or an engine, it's gonna cost you... >> in this case, double cos you need the engine to get to the breasts :) >

I can't remember the age of the IS, but picking a number out of the air, it'd fetch you £3k, which gives you a reasonable selection of '00 530d - rwd, good to drive, quicker and more economical than the JapoMerc. Probably not your 'thing', but you could always paint it with dulux matt burnt ochre and stick a shiny skull on the bonnet or something and save yourself a packet for the breast-visitations.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Lol, yeah I quite like that idea. apart from the burnt ochre.

Wonder if I could replace the BMW roundels with small flat Skull badges. The IS is a 2001 with 100200 miles and the usual "they all do that" indash CD changer that won't play CDs.

Reply to
Elder

On Sat, 01 May 2010 21:07:29 +0100, Douglas Payne wrote:

I'd been doing more safety than new product since Trent 1000 engine for 787 was cert, so I've been moved into fleet stress support. This means I get to see lots of bits of jet engines that have dings, dents, rubs and cracks in them. I have to answer the question "can we put it back in for xxxx flights?".

As for other things, well it's a story of downs and ups.

The 200SX I got as b'day present to myself 10 years and 100K miles ago was taken away and crushed to death in a skip on my birthday. The main chassis rails both sides from front sub frame back someway behind the bulkhead were past any hope. It returned all "donations" and donated lots more before it went.

Collect this tomorrow. (if x-rail deliver the £17.50 advance online tickets - yet another win/lose)
a sill doing soon. Mongoose is small bore, I think the Blueflame3" is going on.

While I was stripping the SX out to a shell I got a call from my Sister in Law. The house we were going to rent in Rye for summer hol had been sold and all bookings were being canceled. Oddly it's still on web.

agreed up to 50% higher price as this late in year it was going tobe difficult to find a let. She spent the weekend looking for otherholiday lets with 5 bedrooms for 8 in Sussex but by Monday declaredthere were none to be had the week we needed (Brother's holidaybookings have to made in Dec and are very inflexible). So she had gonelooking in Norfolk found a place that was £400 more but didn't haveall the space we needed, if the Niece and her boyfriend came for a fewdays "arrangements would have to be made". What I heard between thelines was ***"someone"*** would be sleeping on a sofa or his airbed.That was an offer I felt could refuse, camping on living room floorsis one thing for odd weekends but I like a bed on holiday, so I wentlooking myself. I decided to go back to looking in Sussex, start atthe top end of the market and work down.1st
too big and pricey but wide open on availability.2nd hit.
100% more than original, hey it's got a swimming pool but it wasbooked for week I needed.3rd bingo, right place, right size, same price as Norfolk barn ANDavailable.
min after putting phone down I was picking it up. We all fit soNiece + boyfriend will come for whole week and it's same price as theplace in Norfolk. Cos I'm a clever ass and have pissed the Sis in Lawoff big time by finding a better place in 10min after she spent allweekend I get to pay 1/2 (Way cheaper than the Med cruise I did lastyear. Sharesaves that were going to pay for 1/2 the party turned todust. I picked up bill for 3 cabins and put £250 on everyonesaccount).

Now just got to hope the weather holds till August.

Local swimming pool closed last Sept for refit. I had been swimming

3x1hr each week, around £40 for book of 16 tickets. Joined a Bannatyne health club last October, £48/month so cos I'm cheap to get my moneys worth I started doing 1hr20min sessions 3 nights/week and 2 nights of resistance weights followed by 20 min in pool. Finish with 15min in poolside sauna and 2 laps of pool as a post sauna cold plunge. I've lost 10lbs, nearly have abs and feel great. I've gotten to liking the sybaritic life of a poolside sauna so I doubt I'm going back to the public baths when they re-open.

As everything is ending on the up I feel I'm ahead. Though 2500 shares lost 60p each last week.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Peter Hill gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The pikeys don't hang about round your way, do they? How long did you leave it parked there?

Reply to
Adrian

Are the rear quarterlight windows not something worth keeping as a spare to flog? Or are they too much hassle to remove that it's not worth it?

Nice place - love old character houses like that. Just mind out for ghosts.

"They all do that, sir."

Reply to
AstraVanMann

5 days, nothing dissappeared, the car park is well overlooked and well out of the way. Most of the houses have been sold off without the grarage and now use front garden or have garage and parking on back garden. Although there is a jitty out the back o the car park I didn't see anyone walk though the whole time I was there. Only one other garage out the 10 was used. Started stripping it on bank hol Sat. Had to cut the front subframe bolts to get engine out on Thurs. Then it sat till wed after as the scrap mans wagon had a leak on the hydraulic lift.
Reply to
Peter Hill

Yes they cost a packet. Also for some reason idiots and drug addicts think moulded bonded in rear quarter windows are cheaper and easier to replace than door glass that's simply bolted on to the guides. I had a go with a cheese wire but hit locating lugs and couldn't snag the end to continue. Any prying and they break.

Oddly my post and all replies have gone missing on demon (highwinds).

Reply to
Peter Hill

In fairness, I think it's much more likely that they simply couldn't give a f*ck.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

So it'll fetch maybe £2.5k on a bad day. That'll get you a '99 530D with 125k miles quite easily, or something a year younger with a bit of haggling. I believe Focus are having a sale on Dulux matt at the minute...

Reply to
Albert T Cone