SD1 on show

Went to the Hampshire Pagaent of Motoring today and had the SD1 displayed with a couple of others from the SD1 Club. Mostly good comments and lots of people reminiscing of days gone by with their /their Dads SD1, which was nice.

Good variety of cars there as usual, and a thoroughly good day out. My piccies can be found here...

You may notice that my SD1 (TPA) is now sporting a set of Vitesse wheels and some nice shiney sills and is looking much better for it IMHO :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Really nice pics dude :-) Loving that 'grale painted all Martini rep like!

Reply to
DanB

Seconded. And the SD1 is looking pretty spritely. Polishes up nice. Last time I was paying any attention you'd just got it and it had been sat for a while. Good work man!

Here's some pics from a hillclimb I marshalled at last weekend:

Douglas Payne

Were you at the SD1 club national at Crich, Carl? It would have been nice to meet up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

looking real good there!

and i really want this!!!

and this
and last of all this
if it's a real E30 M3

Reply to
Vamp

I'm not an E30 expert, but it has wrong hand drive, blistered rear arches and the funny different rear screen and bootlid.

I think those things are quite hard to fake, well maybe not LHD but it seems to add up.

I've recently spending some spannertime with someone who has a track prepped E30 M3 in his garage. Maybe if I am good I'll get a go one day.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

All you need now is a set of centre caps for them, like wot I have on mine. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Heh, been looking round for a set, but no luck. Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay £50 for a set from Rimmers :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Unfortunately not Dave, but I'm hoping to go along to the next spares day at Gaydon if you're going to that. Would be good to have a nose round your car :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

There was a good yank turnout - some very drool worthy cars on show.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I've had it 18 months now (almost). Done plenty of work since then :)

Taking photos whilst marshalling? Tut tut, how unprofessional ;)

Good variety of cars out. I keep meaning to get up to our local hillclimb to watch the action, but still havent got round to it

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Most secondhand ones are getting tatty. Before Rimmer had them remade good ones cost a mint.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Look forward to it - and to see your car. I should be there unless I get a work offer I can't refuse. Like anything at all. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeah, it's cool. I made some caps for the holes that the sunvisors fit into on the MX-5 today. (c:

Heheh, umm - there was someone with me when I was taking the pictures to work the radio and wave the flag - honest!

Love it. Do it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've heard that the Rimmer ones aren't great quality though - the red badge has been known to fall off from what I understand. Although maybe that's different now.

TBH all I want is a set of caps that fit, and the cheaper the better as I'm happy to refurb them and perhaps even do something different with them. But if I've still had no luck by the Spares Day I'll just get them then, and get a bit of discount!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Dunno - I've not had a chance to examine them.

There must be ones from a different car that would fit - given just how common those BBS style wheels were. Hopefully in stainless steel. All you'd need then is the badges.

I bought a set of wheels ages ago so I could get a set refurbished without having the car off the road - and they came with centre caps. Not brilliant, but might be better than nothing. You're welcome to them as a stopgap.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeah, that'd be handy!! Drop me an email - reply address is valid

Reply to
Carl Gibbs