M5 or B5

which would you go for the new M5 or the new B5?

M5

B5

Maxwell Bygraves

B5 all the way, nicer wheels and sits more agressive too

Reply to
Vamp

B5, probably Touring, ALPINA blue, black buffalo, not sure about the rhombs; silver if I have 'em...

Saving already :)

Alistair J Murray

M5 as the B5 seems to have defective fog lights.

Reply to
Depresion

Yes. Definitely.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

B5 and a Nitrous kit.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Does that B5 really not have a flashy diff?

Eww.

Reply to
DanTXD

A plain diff and stability control is probably better than a flashy limslip for road use.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In news: snipped-for-privacy@karoo.co.uk, Tim S Kemp decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nah, LSD and no instability control for me

Reply to
Pete M

Yea, donuts are well hard without a proper diff :)

Reply to
DanTXD

It doesn't need it - electronics do as good a job these days.

The TI didn't offer any more traction than the Pug does - and all the Pug uses for grip is a flickery light on the dash :)

Reply to
Nom

But you can't do donuts or drift suitably with no good diff in a RWD :)

Reply to
DanTXD

M5 - ropey gearbox, ropey diff, could blow up if de-limited

B5 - Slightly hard to get hold of, in theory a bit slower

I know where my vote is

Reply to
D1Mac

A chunky deposit on a house.

The B5 if it comes with a limited slip diff...

Reply to
DervMan

Niether of us have any RWD skills anyway, so that's kinda moot :)

Reply to
Nom

Confident i could do a donut :D

Reply to
DanTXD
[...]

Not sure you need a LSD for donuts - I used to do half donuts in the

740i if it was too tight for a U... :)

Alistair J Murray