It's official - speeding is NOT dangerous !

This angers me beyond belief.

I'm gonna write to my M.P. tomorrow and demand an explanation.

How DARE they let him off !!!! Joe Public would be looking at a 6-month stretch in JAIL for that sort of speed in an emergency situation, never mind if he was just out testing his new car !!!!

Vamp, PLEASE bring this before the judge when your case is heard.

He hasn't even lost his job :-O

Reply to
Nom

He's one of them, not one of us!

Reply to
Maxwell Bygraves

Demand equality; he got the right result for 159mph on an empty M or

130mph on a good A. 84mph in a 30 *is* almost certainly dangerous.

His result is closer to right than jail for quickness.

Yes; banning Vamp would be hypocrisy.

Fine, as long as it's the norm.

Alistair J Murray

I emailed my MP.

Forget an explanation, I want questions asked in the house.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Don't you have to pay for those?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

is also worth doing, especially if your MPhappens to be a doddering old technophobe, as I imagine many of themare.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

No, just be rich enough for Tony to think he'll get a free holiday out of it.

Reply to
Questions

faxyourmp doesn't have upto date contacts as it it is too close to the election for them to be uptodate, even for those re-elected into the same seats.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Good publicity for the fast Vectra though innit!!

Reply to
fishman

in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tom Robinson slurred :

It took several re-reads before I could read that as something other than "Fax your rump".com How very dissapointing.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Do ya know.........

I think I'd rather the Copper passing me on his way to an emergency knew exactly how his car was going to act at speed, and I'd much rather he tried it out on a deserted motorway......

-- R

I would much rather he tried it on a deserted motorway too, one with good conditions and visibility too.

Unfortunatley he didn't The incar footage shown on TV showed fairly dense traffic all arround, it was dark, in december, with rain or mist obscuring visibility, and he was closing fast on cars in front. The speed reading added by the car video system at that point was showing 119.

Didn't Vamp get busted at 119 in traffic, and quite happily admits he was a Cock for doing it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

IIRC Vamp got done for 119 in no traffic bar one lorry on the inside...

One law for one, one for another....

Reply to
DanTXD

I fully agree.

You're totally missing the point here - he wasn't on an official practice run, he wasn't even on-duty at the time ! He was just out for a jolly.

What do you think would happen to you if you got caught in the same circumstances tomorrow ? Even if you were an advanced driver, and said you were "honing your skills in your new car ?"

Don't you think there should be equality between punishments for the police, and punishments for Joe Public ?

Reply to
Nom
[...]

Absolutely!

Neither should be punished for blatting.

Alistair J Murray