more clio woes.

Well going to tax the little black shed tommorow i'm just wondering about a few things.

first off is there any recommended owners sites/clubs in the uk i can join.

and secondly just how much surgery to squeeze 17's on :) with a minimum of a

40mm drop preferably 60mm
Reply to
Rob

What the *f*ck* is the point?

It's a shit box n/a diesel shopping trolley.

Modding just puts up insurance premiums and you have nothing to show for it.

Reply to
SteveH

Nowt wrong with modding the clio.

its a winter project :) to alleviate boredom whilst at work :)

Reply to
Rob

Rob that is such a bad idea (I can see that and i'm pissed atm!), buy something worth while... PLEASE!!!

Get a mk1 Astra GTE/Kadett GSi or a Manta GTE....etc somthing like that, since I know you have the horn for Vauxhall/Opel.

Reply to
Remus

I know a guy with one slammed 60 and 17's, scrubs like f*ck :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Although i would give my right bollock for a clean mk1 astra its a bad idea. have a redtop sitting in the garage which would just somehow find its way in :)

and anyway the clio is about being uber efficient 45 mpg stuff and i've never had a clio :)

will be nice

lil black clio derv stripped out half cage with buckets

17's and dropped 40/60mm (15's if its a bugger) bit of debadging and destripping when i blow over the bottom half and hey presto one respectable economical winter hack :)
Reply to
Rob

*faints*

You silly person... go on then piss all that money away, I would rather have a mk1 xe than a diesel with:

1) A half cage it doesn't really need because you will probably buy a cosmetic version that will make the car inconvenient due to the limited space available. 2) A pair of bucket seats you don't need because you will be travelling to slow to appreciate it. 3) 17's on 40/60mm drop that will ruin handling and f*ck up the ride 4) A paintjob that could go horribly wrong (I would only homespray matt colours)

Which will cost new (on the cheap) around £600-750?

!WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!

Mk1 xe'ed Astra Rob... think about it, makes sense doesn't it? Or even better an xe'ed Manta ;)

Reply to
Remus

Well, I suppose it might be nice if you can cope with people laughing at you the whole time.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

45mpg? How the f*ck are you going to drive it? Should easily manage 55-60mpg most of the time.

:D

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Chet

My petrol mk1 Clio does 45mpg would have thought a diesel would do better than that.

Reply to
Nicola

Ah buy i'm more akin to belting up and down motorways at 90 :)

Reply to
Rob

90? NA Diesel Clio?

...really?

Reply to
DanTXD

My '93 (petrol) Clio (4 gears) won't go faster than 90 on the motorway - it just doesn't happen :-/

Reply to
Nicola

Oh and on m way I achieve more than 45mpg, my 45mpg figure was mostly town driving.

Reply to
Nicola