Woes of my Disco

The bastards only do it because they know they can get away with it.

Like the scum who broke into my series the other day. I probably walk by them on the street and have no idea who they are, they on the other hand are probably well aware of me and have been watching the work I have been doing.

My next vehicle will be a tank.

Reply to
Larry

Hi all,

Oh well last night at 11:45p.m. (Friday) I wandered outside to check the Disco. All was well but I wanted to just check the gear lock was on so I wandered inside for ten seconds to get the keys, anyway some local lads walked past the Discovery and kicked off the wing mirror (not knocked, kicked off completely). I flew up the road (I didn't see which one of the four did it but I knew one of them had done it as I heard it). I asked why they had just kicked off my wing mirror, one of them backed off and this drunk lad of about 20 asked how the F*** I could prove that the wing mirror lying on the floor was his fault. Anyway he precedded to stand an inch from my face and call me a prick, shouting his head off. I asessed the situation and reckoned four lads in their 20's was pushing it against me on my own. I could see which house they were going into. I said "Lets let the Police handle this".

I walked back across the road and called The Police, they said be there within the hour. I went outside to pick the wing mirror up and gather the mirror that was snapped. as well, Anyway the mouthy one came over on his own as his mates decided they wanted to back off, he started shouting and mouthing off. I was getting wound up and he continued to shout abuse, (he broke a wing mirror of my neighbours a while ago and so I was already watching out for him, Police refused to take action even though I saw him do it). Anyway I was beginning to get to the end of my tether and he started saying he was going to fight me. My wife came out at that point as I think she was worried I was going to kill him.

I looked at him and said mate forget it, let the Police handle it. He walked off.

Police arrived I gave them all the details, detailed threatening and abusive behaviour and guess what "We don't want to arrest him, even for threatening and abusive behaviour." They commented they knew who he was and that they knew he had more than likely done it but couldn't prove it as I hadn't seen him, hearing is not good enough, so they sat in my house for an hour and walked away.

I commented that I should have taken matters into my own hands to the Police and they said "Well you would get more satisfaction from that than the CPS."

So the moral dilemma is - when I see him next in the street, which I do on a daily basis (he crosses the road away from me when he is on his own) do I drop him into a back alley and play a tune on his face?

I came out this morning and the other wing mirror was bent back but not broken - obviously making a point.

So, I have a spare complete mirror but not a clip inside, black square thing with two clips the mirror goes into - anyone got one? I will pay for the item and postage, need it by Tuesday preferably. Im in Hartlepool UK, vehicle is Disco 2.5 TDI, 1993 with the newer shape mirrors (electric. heated.). Not the movement assembly but the little clip goes on top of that.

I am soooooooooooo mad still even though it is 24 hours later.

Andrew

andrew"at"preaching.co.uk

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

I'll take a look at the one I pick up tomorrow if it helps.

Well, WWJD ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Turn the other cheek, according to what I have read. And then something about heaping coals of fire on his testicles. Praps I read that bit wrong.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Twas Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:58:57 GMT when "Andrew Renshaw" put finger to keyboard producing:

Well I cannot possibly condone any deliberate violent behavour, but no-one local messes with my cars anymore.

Still get the idiot tourists taking the piss though.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:58:57 GMT, "Andrew Renshaw" enlightened us thusly:

the black square clippy thing between the mirror glass and the mechanism is suprisingly cheap from main dealers, ISTR when we needed one for a broken mirror. Van coming the other way, in our case.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Had virtually the same when my son was assaulted by the local Amoeba's, sorry sir can't do a thing. They did arrest them for abusive behaviour to the police though. I simply put another grudge in my book to be dealt with in the future when things are quiet and said prick will be on his own in the dark somewhere quiet. Amazing how these ar...es lack the courage of their supporters. Just ensure a totally watertaut alibi and enjoy the task at hand. I never beleived in vigilanty law until I lived in the Uk for some time and I suspect that although it does'nt get much press it is rampant as good honest folk deal with their problems.

Neighbours of ours were driving locally when an idiot threw beer at the windscreen, Al got out and asked politly that the screen be cleaned, abuse ensued along with a knife, trouble is Al and his mate were coming back from a Kick boxing session ( 25 years experience each ) where they hire the room for an hour and kick the s..t out of each other for fun .... !!! Not being in a concilliatory mood Al's mate who is just on 5 - 10 had words with idiot and after idiot landed on floor twice ( 2nd time for good ) they got back in car and drove off before the audience got official, they have'nt heard a word since. I would have given a right arm to have seen it.

Reply to
Hirsty's

In news:3021d.2388$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net, Hirsty's blithered:

Suggest you get Al's mate to have a wee word with your 'friend', unless you want to enjoy it yourself.

Reply to
GbH

They don't have a lawful power to arrest **after** the incident for Section

5 of the public order act (Threatening abusive insultive words or behabiour), however, that doesn't stop them from interviewing him and if there is evidence to support reporting him for summons to court then he should be so reported. Quite a few bobbies either overlook this avenue. They don't have to arrest him to interview him.

That said the CPS won't run a case if it's unlikely to stand a chance. Thats the truth of the matter and yes it's leaves a bitter taste. I can only guess it's to free up the system from backlogs of minor cases to allow more serious cases or cases where evidence is overwhelming to proceed, the sad truth.

In your case I'd say there would be a good chance if your wife and any other neighbours made a statement regards the behaviour, ultimately thats a decission for yourselves to make.

However in the case of the damage while you are probably right about the culprit there is no hard evidence as you have already highlighted so that side of things looks like a none starter, however the officers CAN interview the male about it and the officers COULD arrest him of suspicion of causing the damage in the circumastances but thats down to the discretion of the officer. They don't **have** to arrest him to interview him. It would be highly unlikely to proceed to court unless the youth suddenly coughed the lot. By not being charged or summonsed he may feel he has "won" the battle, it could put the wind up his sails, or it could prompt further damage etc etc.

None of the above prevents you taking your own civil action against the youth were the standard of proof is "On the balance of probabilities" rather than in criminal courts "Beyond all reasonable doubt", I don't do civil stuff... I'm sure theres someone else here who does though.

Likewise if it's an ongoing issue it may be worth speaking with the local Community beat officer around anti social behaviour orders. Your incident could be one of many that would support an order against this youth. a case of United we stand if you get the drift.

I only know what you've posted, so after reading this it may give you a good footing for contacting the officers supervision to ""review"" the situation.

This is intended to help you progress the matter, it's my last post on this thread before any flames get pointed this way.

HTH

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

What would help though is if the police were more helpful with "forensics", like finding out if the mirror is covered with the offenders prints or not, but I doubt if they will, for what is dismissed as a "civil" matter.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Remember of course, that whilst the Police won't lift a finger to assist you, should Natural Justice come into play, you will be hit with the full force of the law!

Reply to
Mark Williamson

Well of course, how silly of you we must be civilised.

I suspect that there is already considerable natural justice going on already but it is not reported for fear of encouraging the poor sods who seem to have no other choice. !!!! Seems the worst thing to be in this country is - in the right , paying for your own stuff, abiding by the " law ", and a bit old fashioned believing that what you worked for is actually yours.

I'm all for personal liberty of any sort so long as I don't have to support it or be affected by it.

Reply to
Hirsty's

Footprints?

Reply to
Mother

On or around Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:14:19 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

oh yes. Ranting only serves to make you look a prat, even if yer in the right.

The Man Charnock had it right, as so many other things motoring:

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

Reply to