Must resist tempation..

Ye cannae whack a £250 Citroen. Especially one with active suspension.

This would make a stonkingly inappropriate competition car.

Must not buy car.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It'll get scrapped for the engine for a Pug or Paxo.

Oh, and (assuming the lever hasn't just been moved to flat) if it really had ten new spheres three years ago, it's been parked there for _months_...

Reply to
Adrian

Do these have anti sink valves ?

My old XM was pretty weird in the ole bounciness dept. as well. What a wonderfully odd car that was.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Yep. All Xants other than the very early ones with chevrons on the bonnet do, as do all s2 XMs (and very late s1, IIRC)

Reply to
Adrian

G94 NUG was an S1 2.0 si with the dodgy earth connectors which caused havoc with the hydractive ECU.

Of course, this only became knowledge after I had sold it.

And bought a.......

Tipo 1.9 TD SX.

WTF was I thinking there. Although to be fair it was my first experience of all or nothing diesel turbo boost. 148 lb/ft IIRC which is very tame nowadays, but was top banana back then.

The Citroen engine was a paragon of smoothness in comparison and that was rough as old boots compared to the small block 2 litre straight six in the E28 520i I had before that.

I must be getting very old, I'm blethering. :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Totally make sense to me, same suspension that was banned for been too good in F1 (well, sort of...), and a 2.0 Turbo engine, AND it's only £250 - which is probably it's scrap value if you weigh the cat, alloys and rest in seperate. And even if the next MOT kills it, you still get that scrap value and nigh on 7 months time using it on the MOT :-) And if you do break it, it probably has leather and stuff, leather interiors always fetch something.

Reply to
DanB

Hehehehe.

Temping.

Halfers?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Oohh, you just said a bad thing...

How wrong would it be for hillclimbing or for the upcoming track day ?

TBH, the wronger the better. (Wronger, it's a new word.)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

(c:

Very wrong. The idea of folding down the rear seats and hooning it round Knockhill or up some hills or round an autotest or suspension raised through some canes on a PCT is making me giggle inanely.

YKIMS etc.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'm going to ask him some suspension questions. We could take it from there :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Photo's of it correctly pumped up could be good...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Doesn't Astravan man have one of these he was flogging?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I've got one that's a daily driver, and I have been enjoying it quite a bit of late. There's something not 100% right with the suspension, but the more I think about the overall supple feel of it, the more I think it's

*hopefully* not much more wrong than the fancy drop-link in one of the two corners needing replacing. I need to get the Golf sorted (which needs a moderate amount of work doing, but doable), and will probably punt the Activa on fairly cheaply(ish). Wouldn't want to sell it as something immaculate in perfect condition, but at the same time wouldn't want to let it go for silly cheap (like £50 or so) unless the problems were silly money to fix.

So in short, it's kinda not for sale at the moment....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

"AstraVanMann" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Have a chat with Richard Gallagher, CCC's Xantia blokey - he's got an Activa or two, and knows _plenty_ about fixing the cleverbits.

xantia (at) citroencarclub dot org dot uk

Tell him I sent you.

Reply to
Adrian

Cool - cheers. Where on the face of the planet does he live? What I really need is for someone who knows Activas really well to actually take it for a drive and tell me what's likely to be up with it.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

"AstraVanMann" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Slough-ish.

Reply to
Adrian

Excellent. Just a few twisty back roads away!

Reply to
AstraVanMann