My eyes!

I've seen worse, but no way is it worth anything like a 5th of what he is pushing it out at. Missus actually wants me to think about a Punto/Bravo/Brava but all this cambelt nonsense puts me off.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

What cambelt nonsense?

The 5 pot engines are a bit of a PITA to do, but there's places that'll do it for £250-ish these days.

All the rest are so easy even I could do one in an afternoon.

I'll say this, though.... avoid the 1.4 and 1.6, the 1.2 16v has a decent engine but is too slow, so that leaves the 1.8 Twincam or the 2lt

5-pot.

Unless you want a diesel, in which case you'll be wanting a Marea

2.4JTD.
Reply to
SteveH

Punto HGTs appear to be a bit of a bargain on the used market...

Reply to
DanTXD

Aye, I'd definitely have one of them.

Reply to
SteveH

Hmm. What engines where offered in the Punto? Say the Mk2 (pointy edged one) and beyond (don't know exactley how they are designated). All I know are. Mk1 bit like a melted Tipo, not ugly, just non-descript. MK2 Sharp eye catching angles, lots of seat adjustment, I actually fitted that car. I learnt to drive in a Diesel.

The Bravo/Brava I don't know about.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

All getting a bit old and shagged now.

1.2 8v, 1.2 16v (75bhp and 85bhp, ISTR) - the Sporting with 6 speed box is a hoot to drive, plus there's the 1.8 16v in the HGT. 130-ish bhp, variable timing, so loads of grunt.

HGTs are a real bargain. 3 year old, fully loaded with decent stereo (100W sub.... nice) and SatNav, 58k miles, £3495 from a dealer.

Diesels, I'm not sure about. I know they all came with JTDs, with later cars getting the Multijets.

Avoid them all other than the Bravo 1.8HLX or the HGT, unless you want a diesel.

Reply to
SteveH
[snip]

Too many words.

Better.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Sounds quite nice. Most puntos I've seen have had either "Flowery" interior or bright blue=20 with grey contrast. Bit lairy.

But saw one today at Caladonian, it was grey sort of shiney check with=20 grey contrast. It might have been the latest MK3 spec ones though.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

I thought the Marea only came with the pre-JTD 5-pot derv lump?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Early ones did, later cars got the JTD.

There's a JTD Weekend on ebay at the moment, complete with leather and climate.

*drool*
Reply to
SteveH

You're *weird*.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You say that like it's news.

BRB - Messrs Pot and Kettle are at the door.....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Says the man with a SO BX fetish.

Reply to
SteveH

It could have a toaster and a trouser press, it would still be a marina.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yep. Nice blue one'll go a treat. Shame they don't get the 6-speed box of the 1.2 16v though, but hey ho.

Pretty skinny tyres, and the handling's a bit lairy on the edge, but a lot of fun. Not too bad on the motorway for such a small car, either.

Nick

Reply to
NickD

5000 quid starting price and 0 bids says it all really.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston