nearly 1 week with the mini

You get used to it..... just like you get used to any car / van that has reduced / limited / no rear visability via the rear view mirror.

Well, that's just any modern car surely...? The Clio had 3 rear head rests and all modern pillars etc and there was just no useful view out the back.

Reply to
DanB

no that was a 'new model' i'm talking 'facelift' as in same shit different wrapping. i know my dash is different to the early ones and the gearbox changed for one that didn't go pop and i think there was small other changes too think the facelift was in 2004

Reply to
Vamp

Don't I know it - was manoeuvring (sp?) the Golf around the drive recently and on looking out of the back of it, I thought "f*ck me, old cars are brilliant in this respect". A million times better than the Xantia.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

my E36 had good visabilty all round, although the back end was a little hard to judge at first but you get used to that. mini is great big windows all round can sling it in anywhere cos you can see all round and it aint very big! my MR2's were really good cos you only had to look over your shoulder and the back window was behind you and it was flat all the way to the back and the spoiler showed you where the end was :)

Reply to
Vamp

In my experience, yes. That's one reason I love things like the Ford and the Land Rover. The view out to front and rear is much, much better than any small vehicle I have ever driven.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ahh, my headrests fold away into the rear shelf at the push of a button...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It cant be as bad as the trav, sorry clubman with the thick rear door posts right down the middle. You could misplace a small Hummer in that blind spot never mind a bike.

Reply to
Depresion

They're not *that* thick, honest. Go and sit in one and you'll realise your statement is wrong.

Anyway, drivers of vans with two rear doors have managed to live with this design for years.

Reply to
Brownz (Mobile)

Well, in ascending order, these are the cars I have owned, and they're also in the order of amount of rear visibility -

  1. Triumph Acclaim
  2. Pug 405
  3. Pug 206
  4. Clio V6 - actually this one is the odd one out, as it had awesome rear visibilty - there was nothing in the way at all heh, I'd put it to 2nd in the visibility stakes.
  5. Clio R27
  6. Doblo - I can't see anything out the back, cos I can't turn round enough because I'm strapped in with 2 two straps, and unfortunately, I'm not the girl from the exorcist, so my head doesn't rotate through 360 degrees :-(
Reply to
DanB

you don't really need to see much behind in the number 4 car cos whatever was behind was losing right? :)

Reply to
Vamp

Well that, or you're looking out the front, into oncoming traffic, because the back decided it wanted to be where the front was...

Reply to
DanB

Oh I don't know, it's often useful to be able to see what you're about to hit...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've driven a few and the visibility really is worse than my van.

Reply to
Depresion

Errr... OK, so whats the point of asking then ? Weirdo !

I can see more out of the back of my Clubman than I can out of the back of our works Peugeot Van (Has rear windows) and our Transit (No Rear Windows).

Reply to
Brownz via Gurgle Gruppes