new car for the wife

exqactly 70 is something like 4000 rpm in hers :)

great fun but not for blatting along mways

Reply to
SkyTech
[snip]

one with a decent engine

why not chuck her the nova and get yourself a proper car?

Reply to
Mason

sorry dont see your point....

160bhp in just under a ton.....wouldnt call that scintilating (sic) but whatever floats your boat....

Try boost mate. you'll never look back. a nova is a nova is a nova unfortunately.

Reply to
Mason

just out of interest how much does the nova owe you?

Reply to
Mason

*shrugs* whatever floats your boat I suppose. :o)
Reply to
Mason

you let me know when you can make it to the pod......and i'll show you how worth while it all was :o)

Reply to
Mason

nova - redtop-160bhp -weighs less than a carrier bag-scintilating performance-wife driving only a year -used to a 1.2 punto sporting-

Reply to
SkyTech

not a great deal inc buying it and dropping the redtop in along with all the brakes suspension and the half cage circa 1200 quid or so

gonna be a great deal more tho

looking into throttle bodies and then its into the realms of weight saving perpex windows ahoy :)

Reply to
SkyTech

Yaris T-Sport? Missus has one of these and it's a cracking little motor.

5th gear is a wee bit low for motorway cruising, could really do with a 6th. 40ish mpg, 105bhp (ish).

Paul

Reply to
GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo
  1. sec and going lower :)

tb's and some weight saving will see me into the realms of a 13sec 1/4 car :) either that or rip the lump out and put it in a 7 :)

Reply to
SkyTech

*grins* ever been out in a VTS? the majority of the chav mobiles tend to be VTR's....you might be surprised. 7.7 - 60 as standard.

certainly the cams,chip,fannymold and NOS help matters along ;)

any of the course the renny 5 has a daft power to weight ratio. love french cars (when they are both working :) )

Reply to
Mason

Coming from a Saxo driver..........

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

He lends money to his car? Very odd.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The heaviest Nova was the GSi at about 820kg. Assuming the same weight that's about 195bhp/tonne. Not bad.

Reply to
Scott M

Only a second out..... try 8.7 secs.

Must have silly short gearing, though, as it's close on 10bhp/tonne down on my lardy old 75.

Reply to
SteveH

Nah, 8.3 or summet for the 106 GTi, which needs 3rd to do it (Peugeot went for a better midrange drive, rather than targeting easy to impress barry's with a lower 0-60), whereas the VTS can do it in 2nd (just), and does dip just under 8 seconds i beleive.

Reply to
DanTXD

OK, that's the last time I use Carfolio for stats, then.

Reply to
SteveH

*rollseyes* @ 8.7

it's 7.5-7.7 as standard depending on the year mate.

1.6i 16V VTS 3d (97) 1587/4 120 127 7.5 34 194 14 1.6i 16V VTS 3d (99) 1587/4 120 127 7.6 33 201 14

this is exactly the attitude I was talking about ;o) consistantly under-rated

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Still highly unlikely. On paper, yes, but those figures are manufacturer figures. You'd never get close in real life.

They're quick, for what they are, but that's on the back of mega short gearing for a headline 0-60.

Meanwhile, back in reality, I reckon around 8.0 dead is as quick as you'd do it.

Reply to
SteveH

Oooh i dunno, they're not like Ford figures, done on decent tyres, with one person, and no use of the clutch, hardly any fluids etc, PSA do them with a driver and a proper normal car on street tyres, driven hard obviously, but properly.

Reply to
DanTXD