new car for the wife

> anufacturer_name=1333&model_id=127&fueltype=&months=&spare1=&spare2=> >

more than likelyi'm fully aware of the methods used by manufacturers to get these 0-60 times....but when do people ever compare "real" figures? book figures are always discussed when making comparisons...

besides...i said 7.7 your saying 8.0.....

look at your watch and tell me 0.3 of a second is a long time ;o)

just for referance it's faster than a (standard) S2 ERST so for a car thats written off as "slow" thats not all bad ;o)

as for the mega short gearing.....(indicated) top end's of 130+ are easily achievable should you be brave/stupid enough to try.

Reply to
Mason

Yea, but ERST's are pretty much the worst car ever created.

Reply to
DanTXD

But we all know RSTs are steaming piles of s**te, though.

Indicated 130mph = real 115mph no doubt.

Easy enough to rig both 0-60 and top end if you choose your gearing carefully.

Reply to
SteveH

Try pared down to the bones no soundproofing interior or stereo crap :)

perspex windows on the wish list along with some more cutting of the unnessaries

reckon me sr should see 750kg :) oh and when wife ok's finance for the throttle bodies we'll be seeing 185 brake give or take a bit :)

oh yeah and before we talk top end i'll be investing in a cal/cav T F28 :)

Reply to
SkyTech

when you get it down to 12, give me a shout ;)

Reply to
dojj

Oi

leave escort turbos alone :)

owned a minter up until last year

265 bhp no silly tat and 15's kept it pretty sweet :)
Reply to
SkyTech

I'm on your side!!!!!! everyone thinks that a turbo'd ford isn't all it's cracked up to be, but just ask the guy in the 355, or the XKR, or the 360, or the intergrale, or the 996 carerra, the list goes on and on and on

60 in 4.6 secs 1/4 miles in 12.04 secs recorded top end @ 154 mph geared for 178 mph blew up at 170 mph+ and it's all in a sierra estate :)
Reply to
dojj

it's taxed and ticketed, but it's not on the road as the engine is out due to a spot of paint going into the engine bay :)

Reply to
dojj

dojj, is your quick Sierra on the road at the moment (by on the road I mean taxed and MOT'd not whether it's physically on the road or sitting in the garage)??

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yep - £18,000 !!!

Reply to
Nom

Clio 182.

Brand new from your local car supermarket for £11,000.

Easily the best brand-new buy in the £10K class.

Reply to
Nom

Also consider Yaris T-Sport, and quickest Focus you can find - both from the same Car Supermarket.

Reply to
Nom