New cars all round?

I got myself a new car as well, replacing the 1.4 Tdi polo I have decided to keep with the "sensible" tdi option and got an Ibiza FR 1.9tdi (only 131 PS).

Reply to
Depresion

Yes but - the torque figure is ?

And where does it peak ?

That's what gives it the Whooooomff...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

310Nm

1900rpm

Oddly it has a higher top speed than the 160 Cupra due to the gearing (also explains why the cupra is 1.7 seconds quicker to 60 but only 0.5 seconds quicker over a standing km.

Unfortunately my insurance won't let me chip it.

Reply to
Depresion

Do it anyway and don't tell them :)

Reply to
DanTXD

If it feels quick it could be that the previous owner chipped it and didn't tell you when you bought it - you could be in blissful ignorance that it's ever been modified.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yes, those pesky former owners... just make sure you burn the dyno printout they left in the service history, before you try this one in the event of it all going Pete Tong.

My VVC... I had no idea the throttle body is 56mm instead of 48mm. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

It's not something you crack open to inspect before buying now is it?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

i read somewhere about changing the throttle body over from a different E36 to get my 328 to 2.8, now a previous owner could have done that without me knowing being a BMW part still that's used and i could be a tad over 200bhp instead of 193bhp ;)

just a bit pricey to do at the moment and i kinda like the way it drives now so don't wanna c*ck all that up :)

Reply to
Vamp

Is it not already a 2.8?

Reply to
DanTXD

Nah, it is a 318 with a badge swap :) License safe ;)

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

LMAO i'll come back when i know what the f*ck i'm on about! i meant to say 'my 328 to a tad over 200bhp'

although reading on E36coupe.com it looks like i could squeeze 230bhp out of it with some minor tweaking!

Reply to
Vamp

How much power does it have? I'd expect a resonable 2.8 to make 240bhp at least?!

Reply to
DanTXD

And a little plaque with a number on it...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

193bhp but it has pretty good torque so it does move, nice and really smooth engine, car handles pretty well too. have taken it hard into some big roundabouts and with all the weight of that 2.8 up front i'd expect serious understeer but nope not a hint of it!
Reply to
Vamp

yes but finding a nice b3 or b6 is hard and insurance on an alpina is a bit harsh with a ban over me head!

Reply to
Vamp

193bhp?

That's shit. So much for the 'ultimate driving machine'.....

However, given the weight distribution of a BMW, it's no surprise there's no understeer.

Reply to
SteveH

entirely down to German insurance/tax regulations at the time - it wasn't a coincidence that Audi/Merc/BMW flagship sixes _all_ produced exactly 192bhp.

Bit like all those nearly-but-not-quite two litre Italian specials of a certain vintage

Reply to
Grant

Difference being that the Wops had a capacity limit, so did whatever they could to get silly power from it.

Hence the 2lt Twin Turbo Maserati or the 2lt V6 Turbo Alfas :D

Reply to
SteveH

And the BMW 2.0, Audi 2.0, Mercedes 2.2 and Volvo 2.4 diesels with 163bhp...

(that's 200, 180, 190 and 215 bhp chipped...)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

So you decide to do the common thing and get a BMW?

*GOSH*
Reply to
ts86