New discs and front pads fitted. Wow

Akebono Ceramic pads DBA grooved vented discs (rebranded Brembos)

Front only done ATM, doing rears tomorrow. Gave the fronts a good flush through with DOT 5.1 too.

These things only have about 4 miles normal driving on them and they feel fantastic.

Once the rears are done, and everything is bedded in, they should be absolutley awsome.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Just done the front and rears on the TDi but with stock VW bits (I don't know what's got into there parts department but spare OEM parts are now quite cheap) as no one else seemed to know what the rear disks would be. Nice not to have that grinding noise now. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

Well, the fronts were original. But the pads hads green backing plates. They were branded AISIN which a Toyota OEM supplier, but normally, green colouring on Toyota stuff like brakes and suspension means TRD stuff.

They had about 1/3 left in the them, and really didn't work at all well, but that could have been worn discs and crap fluid.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Got the rears done now. Brakes even better, and nothing has run in yet. Pin sharp already.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I'm having a nightmare of a time tracking down anything for the Pug !

305mm discs aren't cheap. But I can pick up a pair of EBC's Turbogrooves for just over £100, which is nice.

But pads to fit the Brembos ? I can't find any of the uprated-brands for less than ONE HUNDRED POUNDS ! Yes, you read that right - a one and two zeros, for four front brake pads !

Reply to
Nom

Have you tried Godspeed. they do refurb Brembo brake kits using Porsche=20 brakes. They may have discs. =20

I used these guys in the states for the Akebono pads=20

I doubt they are emarked, but they are good=20solid quality and properly packed. Shame they don't do anything Pug.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

BTW, the Akebono pads to fit the Aisin Toyota calipers were $100 for=20 fronts and rears together in ceramic instead of ferous compound.

Shame I got busted for =A335 VAT though as they miss priced the shock=20 boots on the customs declaration as 2x $119 instead if 2x $19. That=20 pushed the customs value up enough for them to get suspicious.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

My Brembos are exactly the same as those used on a certain Dodge Viper - so I guess I can prolly get cheap pads from the Yoosay.

However, I've just been in contact with Terry at

and he can supply me the Turbogroove discs, and a set of RedStuff Ceramic pads, for about £200 all in. Yay.

Reply to
Nom