now where should i put that intercooler?

a question a lot of modders think off when space is tight!

genius :)

Reply to
Vamp

In nacelles attached to the quarter, Star Trek style...

Reply to
Abo

Wait for the pigeon sized hole to appear.

Reply to
Elder

If I ever get round to building the turbo'd Rapid RiC with a megasquirt and bike throttle bodies with a plenum, I'll convert a set of Estelle Evolution rear arches to fit, put the IC in one, and an Aircon Rad in the other. Could be funky that.

Bit of a mad dream I know.

Reply to
Elder

Bit small isn't it?

Reply to
ThePunisher

Heh, I thought that, but then I noticed I had no clue about intercoolers so didn't say anything incase I was hugely wrong.

Reply to
DanTXD

i think the big FUCK OFF pipes help and also the 10 miles the water has to go round to cool the engine must help. i always though long pipes on an intercooler though caused some lag? i dunno i know f*ck all really bout them other than they keep a turbo cool :)

Reply to
Vamp

Um. Water? It's an air-air intercooler, isn't it. No water!

Yup - larger volume of air between the turbo and the inlet manifold to be compressed by the turbo.

They are basically just a radiator which sit between the turbo and the inlet manifold and cools the air which has been compressed and heated by the turbo - this increases the density of the air, hence increases the amount of fuel which can be burnt properly, hence increases power. They can cool the turbo down, but that isn't the primary function.

Reply to
Albert T Cone