oh crap i've just wet me kecks

Heh, I even think it looks cool somehow...

Imagine meeting a Veyron owner on the Autobahn and pulling away when he hits his limiter at 250ish hehe.

Although, specifying power and torque figures? That's not very Bristol, how very crude.

Reply to
Iridium

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Iridium wittered on forthwith;

Once you get to 1000 it somehow becomes necessary. I know I'd not be able to resist.. "Oh, you've got the 500 bhp Fighter Pop Plus? Isn't it a struggle when it comes to overtaking?..."

Reply to
Pete M

And Clarkson will never be allowed to test one. Ever. Anyway...

Reply to
Elder

Do not underestimated the whining capacity of JC.

And he got friends in the Army, at the right places "en plus". I would be inclined to think that it's easier to get into a Bristol Fighter than it would be to drive a Jaguar off an aircraft carrier.

But then I am Belgian: our biggest "ship" still has oars.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Oh no. You see, he once gave a bad review about a Bristol when he was young but still very cocky motoring reporter.

He is now banned from the showroom, and from buying one. I have heard said, that anyone who tells Bristol that they know JC faces a similar fate. He is very proud of that.

Reply to
Elder

What a wanker company.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Dodge viper with a bodykit. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nah, they have standards. And JC doesn't reach them.

Reply to
Elder

Yep, you would think they would make the car better rather than just ban him.

Reply to
Depresion

I think it was about 20 years ago.

Reply to
Elder

Twin turbo'd, tuned Viper engine... Nice.

Reply to
Abo

Toyota have banned him too for a Corolla test.

Not too sure about Vauxhall / GM but his dislike for their product is well known. A ban can't be too far off after the last outing when he declared the car to be a "dangerous vehicle" due to the excessive understeer. The Astra Sport Hatch did have him eating his hair when he said something about if it looks anything like the art work.

Peter Hill

Let's be fair though, in the Vectra VXR he was deliberately making it understeer so he could say it was shit. Take any FWD car of that power, turn the TC off, put it on full lock and stamp the loud pedal, that's gonna happen...

Reply to
Iridium

Only on paper.

Veyron has no speed limiter other than drag. Drag of the rasied spoiler and high ride height limits Veyron to around 230mph in handling mode. Top speed over 250mph can only be done in perfect conditions, brake or turn steering wheel more than 90deg and it goes into handling mode. Bristol will lose to the Veyron in handling mode as it's limiter is 225mph, 5mph slower than Veyron in handling mode.

?1,000,000 = 255mph, £350,000 = 270mph (if unlimited), under £100,000 spent on the right car and the right mods would put them both in the weeds.

Peter Hill

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Iridium wittered on forthwith;

Which just goes to confirm that FWD is as s**te as its always been :)

Reply to
Pete M

A 200SX, in any guise is not better than either, no matter how much wedge you throw at it - deal with it hehe :-) You can't make a 200SX do 270mph, and be reliable.

Reply to
Iridium

"Pete M" wrote in message news:ej2kfq$57u$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Ha, if he drove a RWD like that he'd just keep spinning round and not get anywhere - hence FWD is better in every way and RWD is for homos ;-p

Reply to
Iridium

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Iridium wittered on forthwith;

Oooooh, get you!!