Just put on flowmasters

ahhh yes. now it sounds like a mustang. i was pretty glad i could do the job myself too with basic tools. Almost went with turndowns because it sounded pretty badass, but decided to put the tips on.

Now its time to save for that hi-flow H-pipe, because man, that stock one is pitiful!

Reply to
idahoprime
** ahhh yes. now it sounds like a mustang.

Ahhh, yes, you'll be needing earplugs and Imitrex in about 9 months, after a bit of rust and carbon build up in those things, making them sound like an uncorked beater car. I hope you kept the stock mufflers around.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

Aaaah! You sound like an old fart! Flowmasters are the best!

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between '>

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

I put a set of the flowmaster stainless delta flows on my '87 last summer, along with BBK long tubes and off road h-pipe. There ain't no coming and going unnoticed anymore, but it sure sounds nice. I stopped at the mufflers with plans to put on turndowns when I get some time. Good thing I have nice neighbore. lol

Jason

Reply to
Jason

JD Adams wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

well, it is my beater car. ha. i pitched those stockers. they looked like they had been to hell and back. the best part is 2100rpm. everything in the car shakes. perfect!

would love to go off road pipes, but even here in kentucky they look under the cars....

Reply to
idahoprime

Is welding required to do the job? Always thought it was... will feel like quite a moron if it isn't.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Well, you *could* use muffler clamps, but that seems kinda JC Whitney-ish to me, something someone would do to an old Nova rust bucket.

Plus, I think you're more likely to get an exhaust leak if you don't weld. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Ok I don't feel as dumb now ;D thanks

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Just take it down the road a bit and find yourself a nice sustained uphill climb at cruising speed. Take along a set of ear plugs however. They won't keep you from hearing the noise, since the Flowmaster will directly resonate your spine, but they will keep your brains from seeping out your ears!!!

Reply to
Ironrod

ahhh yes, welcome to the land of horendous DRONE.

LJH

95GT (been there, done that)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Dynomax Ultraflows on the 5.0 LX, Dynomax Super Turbos on the GT. I'm too damn old to be drawing attention to myself. (And too damn cranky to put up with the dreaded drone.)

:()

Reply to
dwight

Disregard all the bitching about drone & what not... if you like it then that's good for you. If you don't like it... sucks for you. As far as the whole rusting issue.... I haven't owned any car that used Flowmaster mufflers... but given they aren't stainless steel I wouldn't exactly "doubt" that they will rust & sound like shit... especially since my bud Roy with his 03 Cobra w/ flows sounds like *shit* now. He's only had his for about 4 months. Hope yours last though... glad u like 'em.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Aaaah! Speaking as a gen-u-wine old fart -- the big 5-oh is rolling around tomorrow as a matter of fact -- I like Flows just fine. We've got two-chambers, headers, no crossovers, and open air filters in both our '70 Cougar 351C and our '65 Mustang fb 289, and the racket is music to my ears. In fact the Mustang at the moment has no carpet or back seat or interior panels installed, so I'm entitled to throw a "young fart" back at anyone who IS using sound deadeners of any kind. This Stang sounds more NASCAR than those Nextel(?) Cup cars I saw on the tube last Sunday. 7500 rpm and X-pipes, damn they all sounded like IMPORTS to me!

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

I'm too old to draw attention too.. however my 430 hp 331 stroker makes my Bassani X-pipe and cat-back sing like the stock motor never could. Its louder and with the cam it's definitely an attention getter wherever I go.. whether I like the attention or not. The good news is it's music to my ears and doesn't drone my brains out.

LJH

95GT (official drone hater)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

FOUR months? Geesh, and I thought two and half years was bad, which is how long it took for my Flows to rot.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Yep... 4 months now & it "pops" like a mfer... sounds absolutely dreadful & he's saving up for an entire exhaust setup rather than just mufflers... shouldn't be too much longer until he replaces the dreadful mufflers.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Good advice. My brother's F150 Flowmaster setup lasted about two years and 15K miles before totally disintigrating. Garbage. He didn't keep the originals, but ordered a new system from Flowmaster!!!

John

66 2+2
Reply to
John Del

I have this same dilemma... Should I replace OEM style mufflers on an all stock 5.0 or Magnaflow system?

Thoughts?

Reply to
John A

You got it man... they sound freakin' AWESOME!!!!

drone? if that is what you call it - it sure sounds good 2 me...

they don't make as much power? heh, i dont think so - my stock pulley, stock tune cobra now makes 433 sae hp thanks to a flowmaster catback and cai only - that is a gain of 59 from stock (same dyno)

they'll rust? trust me - even if these things last only a year, i will replace em and to me it will be well worth it. but somehow - methinks they're gonna last a few years at least. (i live where it doesn't snow, maybe that'll help - i also always warm up the car fully and blow out that condensation)

anyway, good luck and enjoy your new "stang sounding" stang

Reply to
Christopher Shea