Ok plan of attack needed guy's

Right just got my car back and think I've been tucked up, and need some advice...

As you know the car got hot, never overheated, did'nt even get the warning light on, so no damage has been done.

Told the guy what needed doing and got a quote, £320.00 to fit the new metal pipe in the housing, fit new cambelt and serpentine belt, new antifreeze and a oil change.

Sounds like a ok price now heres what I think has been done...

Picked car up and temp still going over 90c, and got it home and water pissed out all over road :( but not from same place as before, so obviously a pipe not connected correctly, looked under bonnet ummm no new serpentine belt has been fitted, notice the new screw holdin the pipe in so hes been done somthing there, so I phoned him and said, the belt hasnt been replaced, he says ahh no it didnt need replacing that, it was still like new lol, btw I've done 70k miles on that belt.

So he says he will come back in and take another look, I say no wait till the morning now, as I'm too tired he says fine.

So tommorow I'm going back there, but my worry is, he hasnt changed the cam belt, he hasnt changed the serpentine belt, he hasnt changed the oil, he hasnt done f*ck all except screw the piece that fell out back in.

Whats my options now?

btw this is someone I know as well, but as we know some shop owners are bodging wankers and do anything to cut corners, I recken he found the job too hard and thought f*ck it he'll never know...

Reply to
Ron

btw the whole reason this happened is becasue I think I blew the fuse in the electric fan when fitting my incar pc, I'm not sure, but the leccy fan no longer works, anyone suggest how I could have done that, I havnt checked the fuses as it was late, would there be a wire behind the dash that I could have pulled out when removing the stereo?

At first I thought it was the viscous fan, but they dont generally make a noise, as they come on gradully ive been told, the leccy fan on my car makes a hell of a noise and thats the one not coming on

Cheers

Ron

Reply to
Ron

changed

What car is this? Sorry- had a heavy night?! Blowing the fuse for the leccie fan will not suddenly make the car overheat whilst driving normally. If you had a coolant hose fail as well and this has been replaced, and its now overheating- then you have an air lock. OR if it severely overheated whilst stood because the fan wasnt working, and now is, then likely the h/gasket has blown.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Audi A4 2.6 v6 12v quattro

Reply to
Ron

who did you take the car to ron?

Reply to
Theo

not really m8, we are the people you call when your big end comes a knockin, :)

Reply to
Theo

Cool, you run a brothel ?

Reply to