One here for Ronny

Nice screen install.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Digitalww

DSCustoms (http://www.dscustoms) both the stock small touch screens. I would have a look at the screen that digitalww is getting in shortly. He has tested samples, but is having trouble getting quantity delivered.

how does, VGA input for a PC, motorised fold away, and touchscreen, in a

1 din package sound. He is hoping that they will be about $600, so roughly £400 ish.

Might be worth waiting for. Or he has manual in dash with either composite or VGA, plus a kit to add touch (he can fit it pre delivery for you), depending on how much you want to pay.

The new touchscreen setup for mine should be cool. I'm keeping the inverter, but I've gotten rid of the big fullsized ATX board and PSU and large fancy both.

I've bought a MicroATX 1U PSU, and a Via Epia Nehmiah M10000 1ghz, plus a very small (sized of decent sized 4 channel amp) aluminium box, and a cheap CDrom for installing (I have a USB2 DVDrom poking out under rear seats). Should be able to hide this box behind the side carpetting of the boot.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I waited for the pics for about 5 mins, then got bored and kicked my 56k modem :) (well, kicked my network hub connected to a distant 56k modem, long story)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Worth waiting for though. Nice flush install.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

keep waiting Dan, it takes ages on our Broadband as well, its hosted on some piece of shit server somewhere

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

tis ok for me nice and quick :-D

well never been into it before all the car ICE systems and shit but that has to be the ultimate! it looks so damn good. the way his finished it off makes it look like he brought the car with it in like that!!!

love the Mario 64 LOL and it's running xp and everything hmm looks nice.

shame you can just about get a normal car stereo in my MR2 :-)

Reply to
Vamp

Carl, I'm just working out how to instal all this stuff lol, as you know I got

1x Sony Head unit 1x Sony MP3 Multi disc

2 x 5" Tv's Headrest

1 x Video

1 x PSONE

1 x DVD

1 x JBL 400 watt amp

10 x speakers Standard Audi job's all running from the amp on the headunit

10" Kenwood sub Running off the 400 watt amp

Now if i fit a pc, Im going to need another amp, and rewire all my existing speaker's, as at present they all run off a loom that is powered by the headunit's built in amp.

I will still keep my headunit, as its a Sony one, with no buttons, so its all remote which is nice.

the new amp will have to run the existing speakers and the old amp can run the sub still, the PC will sit in the boot and link to the new amp via a sound card.

Now wondering if there is an alternative to rewiring my old Audi speakers, as the pc will have a phono type preout, which I will have to split to 2 x RCA's which will then go into the new amp. but how would I get bass from the PC through the other amp, unless I split the PC RCA's and have 2 going to new amp and 2 going to 2nd channel on the old amp?

Confused, I am lol

I dont really want to rewire all my Standard fit audi speaker's...

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

If your Sony is Unilink compatable.

You might have just hit the nail on the head. Sony's unilink type protocol is well known.

but this has to be the daddy
?itemnum=XA300That has to be the real toy. Will allow you to run the any two from 3 DVD/PSONE/Video through the two Aux ins, and use the USB on the laptop as a USB sound source, all through the existing Headunit internal Amp

Nice headunit.

no need for a new amp when the XA300 is plugged in.

What do you think. Any use?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Got a bit more room in the Saab.

If you build a MiniITX based system, and used a USB radio module, you could always use use one of these
one of these
operate an onscreen radio aplication. they both fit in instead of a single din radio. Have seen another MR2 build, but it might have been in a MK2

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Just looking at the size of these MOBO's they are tiny lol, will fit perfect anywhere :)

Ron

I'm am ordering the screen on Wednesday next week.

Reply to
Ronny

The M10000 Nehemiahis the one I've bought to replace the roiginal full size MSI KT1133.

Smooth isn't it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ron10.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Well, if you have a look at

, they have the cheapest price for the Epia boards that I could find. And they also have PCI card risers. If you can find an older PCI Radeon 7500, it will be sufficiently powerful to play AVI's and VCD, I don't think you can dual desktop the tvout and VGA on the Epia boards, just a clone of the one desktop.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Carl, My Audi is just calling out for this,

thats my interior, I am making a skin as we speak, its not that easy though, but I am ganna use the A4audi.co.uk site logo that i got as the background, but I need to nick his buttons :D

He should release his skin as its under GPL, which means that he has to share it, surely?

I wanna download it

Ron

Reply to
Ron

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ron10.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Well, if you have a look at

, they have the cheapest price for the Epia boards that I could find. And they also have PCI card risers. If you can find an older PCI Radeon 7500, it will be sufficiently powerful to play AVI's and VCD, I don't think you can dual desktop the tvout and VGA on the Epia boards, just a clone of the one desktop.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Contact him, tell him what you want it for. As an Audi user, he might let you have it.

Media engine has a skin maker program, and a tutorial.

My 10.4" Touch screen has been shipped from the US now. Cost a little more than I thought, $120+$30 shipping. But still less than £100 all in. Hope Customs don't snag me on the way in :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Ronny, I've gotten together a couple of links that were in the thread, before I lost it in the news server crash.

best guys I've seen for MiniTX stuff price wise. one of these
one of these
(motorised or non motorised VGA touch indash screens.Or completley fabircate your own fibreglass Bezel and use one of these
USB FM radio. if you could make up an RCA to antenna plug coax adaptor you could run this from your car antenna and use radiator as the tuner software.
nice adaptable integrated front end, that works well on composite as well as VGA screens.
Useful for adding 2 auxiliary line inputs (Video/DVD/PSONE (on a switch box)) and USB Audio from the PC, plus a Unilink CD/MD changer. I use a Deluo
USB GPS thingand Ira
on the serial port. And an External USB2 DVD player.

Don't know if you can still see all the original posts, but at least the links are all in the same place.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo