one of my mates took a photo of the celica with his camera phone.

He has a little script page setup

Photochop the original to your hearts desire then mail it to carldr+ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com with an attached image it will appear there after 10 minutes or so under that days date :)

BTW, the purple lowered one is my effort.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

looks tidy :)

some of the attempts are a bit..crap but funny :)

Reply to
Vamp

It still makes me laugh to think you bought that cos you couldn't afford to run the saab :)

Reply to
Chet

Ditto :)

Reply to
Nom

Biggest thing with the Saab was that it would take nearly =A31700 to put=20 right the mechanicals with parts and labour, and it might not have been=20 the problem all along, probably close to twice that if I went for a=20 recon rather than rebuilt box, and it still would have needed paint and=20 body work. For the few faults I've found with the Celica, it's still a=20 more modern, much more solid bodily, and a fair bit more solid=20 mechanically car to use as a base for tuning, parts are easier to get=20 (standard and uprated), and more mechanics these days have experience of=20 working on Jap cars than Saabs.

I would have another Saab 900 turbo, but I'm going to wait until I have=20 enough money for a 93/94 low mileage 900 T16S Convertable, with good=20 history from a known garage. Should get a good one for about =A36k=20 although knowing my luck, iun a couple of years time they will be=20 arround =A312k.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Heh, do you like my "hazzardous" little number? (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh, I seem to remember Carl's specifications for a replacement for the T16 were something along the lines off:

normally aspirated,

and

better economy than the Saab (which averaged around 25mpg).

:-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news:Oi8sd.1440$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-win.ntli.net, AstraVanMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Why else do you think I'm not flogging the Capri?

(apart from the fact it doesn't work..)

Reply to
Pete M

Mentioned your Capri to a mate of mine tonight, and he seemed very certain that the 2 litre Pintos were a non-interference design, and I was certain that you were certain yours had bent valves? Is it a 2 litre Pinto, and if so, could you confirm that it is an interference engine? Cheers.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I know what you mean, but while the C900 Salloon and Hatch can be had in injection and Turbo form for between £500 and £2k for a good one, and about £4k for a minter, even a basic injection Cabrio/Convert will cost you about £1300 and be rough for it. Your looking at £2k for a solid good one and £6k is the minimum for a physically mint one. Even though physically mint it will probably need some wear and tear stuff mechanically. I have seen very limited mileage ones go for arround £80-10k, but they were single figure and very low double figure models, and had hardly run in, never mind worn out.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yep, and smaller and it is smaller. Anyway, they weren't really mine, they were the Missus's that I was trying really I was, to meet.

Given my choice, I would probably try to find a Dodge Ram, Turbo Diesel V8. Crap fuel economy, but better economy than a Dodge Ram Petrol V8, which would make me feel better. And who in their right mind you dare to even try to cut up a Dodge Ram?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Fantastic mate. I'm not sure my boss will appreciate the blue police light on his AMG Merc though. Mind you he does look a little like Rosco P Coltraine.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

injection and Turbo form

basic injection

£2k for a solid good

mint it will probably

ones go for arround

had hardly run in,

f*ck me £80k huh :)

Reply to
Vamp

Tht's odd, 'cos I seem to remember Pete saying that it was a non- interference engine at the time, and that there were no expensive noises when the belt went, so he was pretty sure everything was o.k.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, "Vamp" slurred :

Jesus Vamp, you're one expensive lay :)