Photo of seat release mechanism?

Greetings,

I have new seat release cables for my 79 bug and I've opened the upholstery to gain access to the seat interior. The inside cable went in OK though I'm not sure why there are two bushings on the cable. I used one bushing to guide the cable through the bracket at the base of the seat. The outside cable is another matter as I cannot figure out how to install it. The hurdle is that I cannot see the mechanism inside and I don't want to damage the upholstery by opening it up further.

Could someone send a link to a photo of the mechanism to help guide my fingers? Or, does someone have an explanation for how the cables are to be installed?

Cheers

Reply to
Beewoolie