Opal Corsa (holden barina)

Hello, I have a Barina (corsa rebaged in Australia). My CD player is broken. The screen for the cd player (blaukpunt) is connected to the thing in the top of the dash (also includes the temperature outside). What implications would be caused by pulling out the orginal and installing an after market cd player? I have done this before in other cars, but not in one where the screen is diverted to somewhere else. Any experiences or ideas on this?

Reply to
vyaw2003

You don't lose the clock or temperature, it just doesn't say the radio station or CD track on the screen anymore. Done it several times on Corsas, the standard CD player is truely appauling, and always breaks heh.

Reply to
Iridium

You can get a widget to sort thid out, but I can't remember where.

Reply to
Abo

Is it Connect2 that make adaptors for several headunits to connect dash displays and steeringwheel controls.

Reply to
Elder

Hmm rings a bell

Reply to
Abo

yeah but all i want is a standard Sony or whatever, dont need the screen up higher in the dash, i just woundered if it broke anything by disconnecting it, eg. tempurature thanks

Reply to
vyaw2003

Or Halfords - £35 inc steering wheel controls adaptor.

Reply to
Iridium

Nope it doesn't.

Reply to
Iridium

Nope, it'll work just fine. But you might as well route it up there if you can, it looks ad bit odd with the blank screen IMHO.

I've seen another widget which sends the rev counter to the blank radio display, maybe it'll work on the Astra

Reply to
Abo