OT: Best Racing Game?

Okay so Gran Turismo 4 is on order, and this will probably rule, heh.

Meanwhile, what's the best _racing_ game for the PS2 or Xbox?

I sincerely hope that Project Gotham (the first) isn't one of the better racing games for the Xbox, the cars lack feel... :-(

Meanwhile, Battlestar Galactica rules, heh. :)

Reply to
DervMan

TOCA Race Driver 2 ! I've got the PC one, but it's available on one or more of the above too :)

Reply to
Nom

Depends on what type of game you are after. Arcade or simulation. I've been playing burnout 3 on the xbox good pick up and play fun, PGR2 is a lot better than the first one especially with the content updates (Radical SR3 turbo) and Sega GT2002 isn't bad. Forza looks like it could be good but I don't think it will be the Gran Turismo killer that it's hyped as. As for the PS2 then the current top of the hill all round is still GT3 but I also still play GT concept, GT4 Prologue and GT4 BMW one series demo.

Reply to
Depresion

Yes, it's the best Xbox car racer imho. I also like sega GT but it's not very realistic. Neither comes close to GT3.

Reply to
JohnR

I guess I need a quick fix before Gran Turismo 4 is out. :) I could buy Gran Turismo 3, but then 4 will be out soon...

PGR1 looks superb, plays not as good... :-x

Reply to
DervMan

Halo was good on the PC as well, i'm told it rocked on the 'Box as well, and now of course, Halo 2...

But you can pick up GT3 for sod all now, check ebay ;)

PGR2 has the 'ring on it....

Reply to
DanTXD

GT3 by a country mile.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Thanks!

Bought it for the PS2. It rocks man, everything PGR should be... :)

Reply to
DervMan

nothing beats GT1 for me on PS1 but the PS1 and PS2 graphics are pants. Forza looks good and will be the ones i get as i sold my crappy playstation

2 ages ago. not bothered at the mo as i'm to busy playing star wars battle front, Ghost recon 2 and mechassult 2 on x box live :)

Forza aint out till april :(

Reply to
Vamp

No matter how hyped it is, i bet its not a patch on GT4 in the end.

Reply to
DanTXD

Hurrah !

Just wait till you get a bit further in - you get to race some *MENTAL* machinery !

I got to 81% completion, and then gave up - it gets almost impossible eventually :)

Reply to
Nom

yeah i downloaded a game save off action replay site and used that :-P TVR speed 12 is wicked!

Reply to
Vamp

I disagree about the PS2.

Too bad, heh!

I'll take great gameplay over fancy graphics any day...

Hmmmm Star Wars Battlefront! :)

Reply to
DervMan

yeah star wars battle front has to be one of my fave games, fantastic online too :)

Reply to
Vamp

The PS2 is generally the sort of thing I bother with when I'm tired/mashed/drunk/etc so this might not be the sort of thing you want... BUT Need For Speed Underground 2. Silly name, quite a fun game.

I figure they should give people a copy of this and something to play it on when they pass their driving test, as I reckon it'd cut down the amount of silly chavwagons a fair bit.

Don't think it has a Ka though... (i could be wrong)

Reply to
pi(obfuscated)

Both of my consoles have Ethernet ports, both are within a few feet of our WiFi hub...

Reply to
DervMan

Heh - the Ka bit doesn't matter. It's in Gran Turismo 4. :)

Reply to
DervMan

burn out 3 nice, simple, good fun

Reply to
dojj

burn out 3 on x box that should be, compare the x box and PS2 versions of burn out and the PS2 looks like it's dropped 25fps and doesn't have the cool heat haze or motion blur stuff.

Reply to
Vamp