Someone buy this...

...for me

I need it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I saw one of them with a cossie 2ltr turbo in on ebay not too long ago, looked kinda cool :D Was white...

Reply to
DanTXD

It has a girl's carburettor :(

Alistair J Murray

and a girls engine.

Imagine going to all that trouble building a lovely Mk2 Escort and then polluting it with a Vauxhall engine.

Reply to
Pete M

sheltered

Road rally regs i'm afraid. It less it is a standard car it can have no more than 2 cams, no forced induction, no more than 2 chokes etc etc. The vauxhall engine is therefore a very cheap and popular choice!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's a proven race engine too. Loads of formula use them (and the valvers), from F2 hotrods to rally cars (though oddly, there is a Corsa silhouetted F2 hotrod with a Ford engine out there). Most of the cars in the formula I'm involved with use tuned Vauxhall valvers.

Reply to

In news:BsOSd.452$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net, ¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤ decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

True, but it's a Vauxhall engine, and therefore to be taken straight back out and dumped in a skip.

I'd rebuild that for a classic rally series. 2.0 Pinto and 2x DCOEs for me.

Reply to
Pete M