Ebay...

(about 2/3rds of the way down). Bloody numpties.

BTW, what's the usual way to fit a strut brace? Does it have to be bolted into the bodywork or what?

Reply to
Doki

For the upper front, bolt it between the two suspension tops -

should link to the page, although the picture isn't the best because it doesn't show where it's attached!

Reply to
DervMan

Either onto the strut top mounting bolts, or drilled and bolted onto the inner wings on a car with normal shocks instead of struts.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sparcos are available new for about the price of that Eibach on ebay.

Reply to
SteveH

Yebbut the Eibach can be bought new cheaper at dubsport...

Reply to
Doki

numpties what where? what am i meant to be looking at?

Reply to
Vamp

eBay's great innit !

I've made a fortune over the years, doing exactly the above !

Bolts directly to the strut-tops. I've got one fitted as standard to the Pug, funnily enough !

Reply to
Nom

Look at the eBay price.

Look at the Dubsport price.

eBay is *great* for extracting money from goons :)

Reply to
Nom

The Celica had one, bolted to the bay at three points (but only using two bolts on each point, non adjustable and about as stiff as cooked spaghetti, and actually flops arround when removed.

So I swapped it for a much stiffer Cusco adjustable 2 point, that uses all 3 bolts on each strut top, is thicker and pretty much follows the path of the original, so doesn't make it any harder to work on the car. Thinking about a 4 point lower front brace, and a rear brace later, once all my other bits are fitted.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

my MR2 has a cross over funny type looking thingy in the engine bay :) (hope that wasn't to techy )

one at the front which looks pretty strong but cusco ones i meant to be pretty cool and not that pricey neither. would love a TRD set though

Reply to
Vamp

Do the two pieces of yours bolt where they cross? The GT4 is the same tubing, but goes from strut top, to firewall, and then back to the other strut top.

It had no tension at all, and the only stiffening it could give would be through triangulation.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

TRD did a revised version but the bars were fatter if i remember right.

come to think of it though it doesn't look to strong to me.

Vamp

Yeah, same tubing. Like wet spaghetti. Only works at all because it makes triangles out of the bodywork spaces, and makes each piece of open space smaller.

Triangular stuctures tend to be stonger, becuase it can't colapse at it's corners, as long as it's sides don't buckle.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Mine's just a *whopping* thick tube - you can see it

for some reason it looks quite skinny in that pic ?

Reply to
Nom

the one at the front of my MR2 looks like that but has another bar stuck to it that joins in the middle of the top bar. kinda hard to describe though.

wonder if my front is a TRD as i'm sure it looks a bit like this one.

Vamp