OT: C.O.D services

He's hardly gonna post you the screen before he's got the money, for obvious reasons !

Reply to
Nom

LOL, I stopped for a brew on the M1, last time I went that way, then, then just used the laybys for smoke breaks when I hit the A14 onwards.

Went M6->A500->A55->M1->A14->A11

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

And paying the shipper the money is how Cash On Delivery is done. he offered cash on delivery, not cash on collection. That was the Ebay payment method I selected when the auction was checked out.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

fair point, but Ebay have a name and address on file not necessarily his/hers.

The he I spoke to in email is Mark Macleod. the Auction is being run by snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Katy Stott) but since the auction, Katy hasn't been forth coming in replying to my emails, regarding payment, posting etc.

I checked a previous auction by creepykaty. That listed snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com as the more info email address. So I contacted Mark to see if he was aware of this auction/anything to do with Katy and the auction I had won.

That was when he suggested I send the cash. The previous Auction also had COD as an option.

Ebay suggested I contact the seller directly so I requested the contact details.

It gives a phone number, but just Surrey as both the town, and county. So minimal info it it all goes titsup.

I've suggested Escrow (6% of the cost) from escrow.com, and I'll pay for it.

Lets see if he goes for that.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

from what I have read, I have deduced the following you don't want to send him money he wants you to send him money he won't, or can't, accept a cheque he/she has multiple emails and is/not aware of the fact you are worried about getting screwed for, at the very least, £107

tell eBay that you cannot agree terms of delivery as posted in the auction for the sale for which you were willing to pay and that a compromise has been offered, you are waiting for the seller to get back to you but they do not seem to be answering your emails

and leave it with them to sort out

Reply to
dojj

Nope, that wasn't the offered payment method I chose because it is unsafe.

yep.

he hasn't said either way.

Yes, and no, He/She is very aware. Even gave the "Nothing Personal, but I don't know you, and there is nothing to stop you taking the money and running. I can also understand you not wanting to send the screen without some for of garauntee of payment, which is why I assumed you offered COD, and why I accepted that option" speech. just bounced off.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Bloody hell, you too. -=Dan=- © was down there too. I really miss on the easy options. don't I.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@SwerveWeb.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Well, i've tried messaging him on MSN(to check he recieved my emails), when he has been on. And he isn't responding. Or when I log on later, he logs off straight away.

I'm getting the cold shoulder, trying to arrange payment/delivery on something I've bought, and getting the silent from the buyer. Incredible.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dojj.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Well, both Auctions were by the same person. First one for a DV camcorder went OK. I contacted the buyer. He sent money recorded delivery. It was dispatched day after. First auction was by creepykaty, and in the body of the description (minimal had to contact for more info) said contact snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com. Seller was still Creepykaty though.

Second auction was by creepykaty, and body of the description (minimal had to contact for more info) said contact snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com. tried the creepykaty address in messenger, but no account. I contacted for more info while the auction was on. No response. I contacted when it ended to ask what shipping to add to the Ebay checkout, Got told £8, send money with address to ship to. Said I was paying C.O.D as offered, can you advise when you ship, so I can have cash/cheque waiting for the courier/postman. No response.

At that point, I found the Markmacleod email, tried it in messenger, got added to mine and his list.

Asked him about the C.O.D payment method, and he said, "when are you coming to collect". Told him that wasn't, and he said if you sort an alternative, mail me. So I found several, one which would cost us both petrol, one which would cost us both a little extra for UPS C.O.D fees, and one which would cost me the 6% fees at Escrow.com.

That was when they stopped responding to my mails. Looks like they wanted cash/cheque/PO or nothing.

I even mailed them and told them they had till this Friday to get back to me about it (that would make it a week after the auction ended). Still had no response yet. So I backed out, and left feedback.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dojj.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Nope. I'm not vindictive enough for that. Just gave the bad feedback, and spent the money on my road tax, instead of having to go to the cashpoint.

They lost. They are stuck with a 12" Black VGA TFT. Bit of a minority item really. Either you have to be involved with mobile video production and editing, or want it a vehicle like a van for computing on holiday, or want it for a CarpPC, when you cut it up.

The clue was it was really cheap (didn't even top the ton), and only 3 bidders totalling 12 bids. If there was a mass market interest, E-Bay fever would have took over.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Since we're on the subject of eBay, I've just had a post (Your PayPal account is Limited) from info@paypal asking for all my card details

*including* ATM pin number. But the actual address is snipped-for-privacy@celigne.co.uk, whereas all the other stuff I've had from Paypal comes from paypal.com.

It's got to be a scam, and even if it's genuine no one gets my PIN.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Maybe a worm/virus? set to fit him up, or to come from random addresses from infected users. With a dodgy fake paypal login to hoover details as you enter them?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo