Quick Question.

Can't get a answer from my local Halfords phone number So does anyone know if I can use Halfords Vouchers anywhere else. I never go in there anymore, and have £650 worth. Was hoping they are part of some 'group' of electrical chain that would accept vouchers for a new laptop.

Reply to
Matt

They are currently owned by a private equity group, CVC Capital Partners.

My guess would be that you won't be able to use them elsewhere.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks for that Chris. Bit of a pig that really. It was a insurance claim for a bike and accessories and their choice is s**te. I have since got the old bike repaired at a much lesser cost and now stuck with the vouchers. I've got a 6 month old car so dont need maintenance stuff, have all the tools I need etc so appears I'm stuck with them for some time. Bloody insurance company!!!

Reply to
Matt

TomTom Rider?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I do 6000 miles per year and already have a TomTom One Europe I had as a Christmas Prezzie off the wife. :(

Reply to
Matt

Was thinking of putting an ad as a PX for summat. But can't think what (bar a laptop).....

Reply to
Matt

Ebay ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

I thought of that Andy, but the hassle of thinking about a price I would accept, timewasters, scammers, Royal Mail screw ups just puts me totally off. I'm not anti eBay, but vouchers for that much I dont think people will buy as they may think its fake. I'd also imagine I wouldnt do too well out the deal. I did think of seeing what sells well on eBay that you can get from Halfords and buying one then selling it. May get more than what I paid, but again, far too much hassle. Thanks though, gives me food for thought!

Reply to
Matt

Lol. I don't think that would be much use for the type of bike I think he was meaning.

Reply to
moray

Bizarrely I find it handy round London :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Well spotted. Indeed t'was a push bike!.

Reply to
Matt

I'm kind of confused here.... why would an insurance company pay out an insurance claim in Halfords Vouchers instead of real cash?

And this sounds like you paid 650 quid for a bicycle and accessories?

Stephen

Reply to
Mallory

Halfords said they would source and get me a new bike with accessories similar to what was broken. It's fairly standard practice now for insurance companies to send vouchers on home insurance policies. I had a camera on me that got damaged asewll and they replaced it with Jessops vouchers. The bike and accessories was indeed worth £650.

Reply to
Matt

Are they transferrable? If so stick them on Ebay? Or have you asked Halfords if they have a cash value? (Obviously less than the face one) I'd not ask at a branch, but write to head office.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've done some 500 transactions on Ebay as both buyer and seller and had only the one *slight* problem - which didn't involve me actually losing money etc. Nor in my experience is it common for the RM postal or package service to screw up - (I'm excluding ParcelFarce from that). But you could ask for payment by bank electronic transfer and charge for registered post (or courier) delivery.

The beauty of Ebay is everything finds its true value at that point in time. Which is what anyone is willing to pay for it - no more and no less.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You could sell/ebay them, or just buy something expensive and sell it :-)

Al.

Reply to
Al

Halfords can and do get stuff in. I'm fairly sure that you can buy on-one bikes through Halfords.

Yep. So I suspect you'd be able to get pretty much what you want from them if you go and badger them enough. I reckon your best way to convert the vouchers into cash would be to buy a fairly high value bike and sell it on.

Reply to
Doki

And the vouchers (with a more limited usage than cold hard cash, as you are now discovering) cost the insurance company less than that. I would refuse their offer and ask for proper money (did I pay my premium in Mickey Mouse money?).

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

Rubber gloves boy

Reply to
Anusol Man

"Matt" wrote in news:cp1hi.30505$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Look out for Halfords half price stuff, then flog it on or give everyone Xmas pressies with it. I'll have a set of ring spanners please :-)

Reply to
Stuart G Gray