OT: Culinary discovery that would make Heston proud.

If you stir fry porkscratchings they taste even better. Oyster sauce, sauce sauce, garlic, onions and mushrooms plus the scratchings, stirfry until the outside of the scratchings has softened a little but still crunchy inside, and the mushrooms are cooked.

Reply to
Elder

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:47:10 +0000, Elder sang, in the style of Bill Bailey:

What sort of weed have you been smoking Carl?

;-)

Reply to
Mike P

I was actually sober, using up some left over mushrooms and getting ready for the pub quiz. It really was tasty.

Reply to
Elder

This sauce sauce sounds good!

Reply to
David Paste

Yeah, I was a bit intrigued by that one.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

It's a special from the local chinese deli ;)

Reply to
Elder

sang, in the style of Bill

It does sound pretty damn tasty, I have to say. It sounds like something we'd come up with in our stoned student days back in Salford though..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I just threw a couple in out of curiosity, and tried them and was amazed they were like inside out crispy pork strips. So I threw in a load more.

Soaked a load of the sauce into them too so it seasoned them perfectly.

Reply to
Elder