OT: Cupholders

I want a Chrysler Sebring.

They have heated / cooling cup holders.

Every car should have them.

Reply to
SteveH

Why OT? Cupholders aren't off-topic here, are they? :-p

But yes, sounds like a brilliant idea - t'other day my brother mentioned some BMW or other that's got a vent that specifically points to the cupholder, so if the aircon's on it can keep it cool.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

MAN trucks...slide out fridge inbetween driver and passenger seat with handy pop bottle sized section and flip down lid. Keeps drinks and sarnis nice'n'cold.

Reply to
Conor

Lot's of VAG cars have a aircon vent in the glovebox. Not quite as swish as a heated/cooling cupholder though.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The current shape Passat, on account of not having a mechanical handbrake lever in the way, has a large, cooled bin between the front seats.

Reply to
SteveH

Heheheh, everything SteveH has ever wanted... driving trucks.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I think the Nissan X-trail has cooled can holders in the dash, from memory.

But.

It's a Sebring. They're awful. I'm going to be driving one next week (*gulp, I'm not even packed*) in Florida - I hadn't realised, when ordering, that the soft-top is no longer a soft-top but a folding hardtop. I saw one the other day, too, and they're really quite ugly in a way only the Koreans can better.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

I've got one of those. It's got a CD-holder in it too; I wonder if Citroën's designers heard an audiophile suggesting that CDs sound better if you chill them first...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

They've had them for a while now - I think it was about half a decade ago that they facelifted the cabs and stuck the fridges in. Poverty spec ones get coolboxes.

Reply to
Conor

My local pound shop has heated plug cups. And I can move them from car to car.

Reply to
Elder

yup my dad's one has and not just 1 it has 2! one for passenger and for driver, think the people in the back just go thirsty or drink something warm

Reply to
Vamp

My car has that.

The new Vx Insignia has washer jets that squirt warm water. They say, it moves ice in the winter, and helps move bugs in summer - which both sound absolutely fair to me.

No doubt we'll get the "Any water on the window cracks it" nutters out to comment now...

Reply to
DanB

Both the Range Rover and the 3 series have that, and the 3 has a special washer bottle full of concentrated screenwash just for shifting those awkward little bastard flies that weld themselves to the screen in summer..

Boiling water can crack screens, but everyone knows that :-)

Reply to
Pete M

The automatic C4 Picasso of all things has a cooled compartment like that, where the gearstick would be on the manual. I know this because I err... test drove one. It really was shit. Completely underpowered.

Nissan X-Trail has one too

Reply to
Abo

I dunno why more cars don't have that, and I can't believe people don't sell aftermarket ones (or maybe they do and I haven't looked hard enough). The ones on the 306 ice like a bastard, and last winter I had to stop on the hard shoulder of the M6 coming out of the Lakes to unclog them and clean the screen; They were working fine until I got on the motorway... The road spray and film wouldn't wipe off without a bit of washer water so when I went to spray nothing came out but of course the wipers activated and smeared the shit all over the windscreen and I couldn't see...

Anyway, more heated washer jets please... Or better yeah, squirt warm water too.

Reply to
Abo

Webasto Hotshot, may be what you are looking for.

Reply to
Depresion

The Celsior had a heated screen and a seperate tank for pure fluid for bugs and ice.

The Saab vert had the washer jet heater fitted into the rad top hose. Engine coolant went through the middle and the washer hose had a coil of copper that wrapped round it, all encased in rubber insulation.

Guess you could easily make one from microbore, a large bore pipe and some chemically setting rubber/plastic compound.

Reply to
Elder

The Toyota Lucida/Estima had an option of a kebab warmer/lassi cooler too.

Reply to
Elder