OT: Mobiles (sony P800)

with all the mobile talk the other day i mentioned to a mate and he offered me his sony P800 with all the bits and pieces for £80 or £100 with a 64mb mem stick thingy.

just wondered if anyone has or used one of these and what they thought about it? looking at it as a replacement from my nokia 7650 :)

Reply to
Vamp

Vamp raved thus:

:: with all the mobile talk the other day i mentioned to a mate and he :: offered me his sony P800 with all the bits and pieces for £80 or :: £100 with a 64mb mem stick thingy. :: :: just wondered if anyone has or used one of these and what they :: thought about it? looking at it as a replacement from my nokia 7650 :: :)

Ok at that price. Better stuff out now, but at a cost. Have a look at the SPV M1000 if you want a proper Smartphone. Treo 600 is good but I don't think it rings very loud. SPV E200 is reasonable but email etc. is a chew on due to the small screen IMHO. There is the P900 now. But at £100 then you can't go wrong with the P800.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Very good price!

I used to have a 7650, then a P800 and now have a P900.

All are good, the P800 and 900 are both fairly similar but just minor revisions to the software and the 900 looks abit more serious. You cant go wrong for £100, I just sold my P800 for £170 on ebay

Max

Reply to
Max Hamlet

just found out his one is on orange and probably locked. are they easy to get unlocked?

Reply to
Vamp

Yep just buy a cable so you can connect it to your comp u need the one so you can change the ringtones and games ETC, Then you need the software which you can normally find on the internet,,, once the phone is connected just click on the unlock button then wait until it is done. If you want you can also use the software to change the IMEI number

Reply to
ROBIN

IMEI number changing is illegal :)

Reply to
Vamp

Even worse, someone from uk.telecom.mobile might hear and start a flame war :).

Reply to
Doki

OHHH NO. . . . . . .not another argument......;-)

Reply to
ROBIN

Go on, make the crosspost. (c;

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

i'm stupid enough to start the cross post :)

any objectsions? :) muhahahahahaaa

Reply to
Vamp