[OT] Ooops. Damn eBay finger...

I just bought another synth; a few years back, I sold my Korg Trinity Pro X to buy a Wavestation A/D. I replaced it with a T1, but I missed the Trinity. My Prophecy started to flake out too (just the ribbon controller) so I was looking for a Z1.

Instead, I got a Trinity Pro X V3 (88-key model). I bid a stupidly low amount (IMO) for what they are, and I won the synth!

Damn.

Anyone want a Korg T1? It's on eBay :D

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I have absolutely no idead what you just said

Reply to
Abo

No, but do you know anyone that might want an SG Pro X?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Someone with not quite enough cash for a Trinity/Triton, but more than for a T1?

(I forget what the SG Pro X is - more performance based, IIRC? Stage Piano job? Or am I confused).

Richard (turns out that the Trinity I'm getting belongs/belonged to the keyboard player of "Space" :D ).

Reply to
RichardK

I bought an expensive keyboard once - it cost £4,000 new, and I paid £450 (well a used laptop) for it. I sold it for £1,200 when I wanted to buy a different keyboard.

I got another keyboard that used part of the expensive keyboard's sound setup, but now it's breaking down. I was looking for another one, or a better version of it, and instead, I bought another of the £4,000 keyboards - a better one than the one I regretted selling.

This being an unplanned purchase, I have to flog the £3,000-16-years-ago main keyboard I use, because the new one is the same size but better.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

£3,000-16-years-ago

I once bought a £4000-new keyboard for £1800, brand new. Well, ex-demo. No real battle scars - virtually perfect condition. For those in the know it's a Roland VK-77 - Hammond clone type jobbie with drawbars and a proper multi-core type socket so it can be used to control a real leslie.

It then got some battle scars when I was fixing something on my Clavinova (digital piano) in my bedroom in a shared student house, with the Clav standing on the floor, between my legs to avoid it falling over, and I dropped something, lost any form of co-ordination I never really had, the Clavinova fell over, and knocked over the VK, which then fell out of the window and landed on the patio.

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

"Sampling Grand" piano. Big rich overblown piano sounds, or weedy thin ones, nothing in between (got a Kurzweil Micro Piano for that stuff which I really like, and a Yamaha GB1, which is nicer but a bit more hassle to record with and a bitch to tour...) Reasonable sounds, very accessible, nice action even compared to modern stuff. Insufficient poly for piano piano stuff though.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Fortunately my bedroom was a converted (i.e. a room with a bed chucked in it) dining room, and on the ground floor.

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

ROFLMAO

(sorry)