OT Who was the guy here who runs web servers?

As title?

Same place Dan had his sandwhich???

Reply to
Burgerman

what you after?

Reply to
Ronny

Ronny.

He's on MSN

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

YEP!

Thank you all...

Reply to
Burgerman

Lists all the sites he has, that are down right now!

Very confidence inspiring!

Was looking for a 500mb of hosting, without bandwidth issues (like keep getting me thrown out or big bills!) that was very search engine friendly, cheap, that allows me to set up different do,mains to point at different directories....

Reply to
Burgerman

Nah they're not down, just the HTML is buggered on that page :)

See -

:)

Reply to
DanTXD

Oh... Still he should fix it!!! He must be scaring the customers!

Reply to
Burgerman

What are the bandwidth limits / space? Cant seem to find details on that site...

Reply to
Burgerman

is one of mine with ronny. I used over 50gb of bandwidth so far this month and he hasn't moaned :)

Reply to
Chet

Depends what bandwidth you use, I need to know roughly how much per month to see if its viable, if its somthing stupid like 100Gb then I doubt I can help.

I have 1 server in America which currently holds around 100 sites, and 1 in UK which I am hopefully expanding to be a dedicated but UK hosting prices are stupid, I also have a small reseller account in the states with

500mb/20Gb packages, but I dont use that much now. let me know snipped-for-privacy@clanpfr.com is my msn addy
Reply to
Ronny

I dont really keep the site up to date, as it just works for itself, most people who buy my hosting know me, or have been refered by someone else, currently I think at the last count I host about 150 sites, I look after 75 domains.

I don't advertise so it's mostly word of mouth, I have a full time job so it's not about the money :)

Reply to
Ronny

umm chet it's just hit 72Gb lol, shall we say £1.00 per Gb :)

Reply to
Ronny

All the details are on the site, I recently changed some prices, but there is a massive table on the front page which shows bandwidth/disk space.

I offer an "unlimited" service but it is on a fair usage policy, I have never had a customer leave or take the piss, so I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Best thing to do is work out what you need exactly then click on place order and choose custom setup, I will give you a price back in return.

Reply to
Ronny

Someone's probably already answered this, but being the helpful soul that I am, I will too.

It's Ronny, and the website is, IIRC,

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Cool. I will have to start slowly and shift one site at a time, as otherwise I will lose all links and traffic... How am I going to get over that problem I wonder...

Reply to
Burgerman

Thanks found now. Cant decide if I should start with cheap package and see what happens or start as I mean to go on...

Reply to
Burgerman

I wouldn't do that. It's been known to lead to long-term emotional trauma.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hehe, all my packages are wellcheap :) hence why I own

:)

Reply to
Ronny

So they are. Now in about 3 months some sites will be on there! But they all live on freeserve etc so all that lovely traffic built over 7 years will be lost... All that PR rank stuff ruined... New domain names... But running 15 busy websites on freeserve got stupid...

Reply to
Burgerman

Keep all your existing sites, and change all the HTML to forward the browser to your new site. Then everyone visiting your old pages, will be transferred to your new pages.

Reply to
Nom