Paging Dervy..

just for next time someone says it can't be done.....

Pete M

Notice it doesn't include the windscreen with the garage wall showing...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

You try taking a picture of a Ka speedo at 100+ mph using your mobile phone...

Reply to
Pete M

Continuing the theme of they said it could never be done....

Grant

Wonder just how many laws that breaks?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

all I can think of is using the phone, braking the speed limit (considerably), probably due care and attention....

Reply to
Pete M

Class!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Bit slow for a Ka.

The speedo is woefully inaccurate at speed. Indicated 120 on the one I had was only 104 on the GPS. My brother has it now, gets 47-49mpg out of it, freak. :-)

Reply to
Andrew Jewitt

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Andrew Jewitt decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I know, but the other day I'm sure someone said you can't get 100 out of one...

as for speedos in general, I was driving a new minibus with a tachograph as well as the standard speedo, and according to the tacho, an indicated 70 mph in a transit is actually around 64mph...

Reply to
Pete M

Means bugger all to me, looks like a 3 series dashboard with the right hand indicator lit???

Reply to
Pete M

Superb!

Reply to
DervMan

Think about what you usually DON'T see a 3-series doing... :)

Reply to
DervMan

souls

Yes, that's what the ECU reckons in the Ka too...

Reply to
DervMan

The speedo over-reads by 10% across the board, the ECU is calibrated to be pretty much spot on (checked by speed trap and GPS).

The Endura-E Ka with power steering hits the limiter at 113 mph GPS / ECU, or 125 mph showing on the speedo. So if the speedo is showing over 125, it's either false or in neutral being towed by something rather more powerful... :)

Reply to
DervMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, DervMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Ah, now.. are the new Kas still powered by the Endura E? The one in the pic is an 04 plater, but I've not seen under the bonnet. Seemed nice and quiet at speed though.

Reply to
Pete M

Nice one.

Sadly my picture is what can be done, in York, in the traffic.

Not especially exciting, but I did put a little something in there so everybody knows it was Kermit's dashboard... :)

Reply to
DervMan

with

No, they're powered by the 1.3 Duratec. This produces 70 PS (rather than 60 PS) and _marginally_ more torque, but at 500 rpm higher (3,000 rpm rather than 2,500 rpm). The Duratec is quite a bit weaker at lower engine speeds, mid-range is broadly similar and performs much better over 4,000 rpm.

The gearing was revised, and I don't know what the final drive ratio is, heh. And the limiter is probably above 5,850 rpm (the Endura-E's limiter).

Reply to
DervMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, snipped-for-privacy@quickwatchsales.com decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Which, of course, I was.. ;-)