Paging Nom and Depresion

Have either of you read Retro Cars this month.

I think you should, then come back and tell me that you should use the OEM ECU to do a 1.8T conversion.

Reply to
SteveH

Why? What does it say?

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

There's a Scirocco with a 1.8T conversion in there. Custom ECU.

Yet another example of someone ditching the original ECU as a custom one makes the job easier / better.

Reply to
SteveH

I`m looking to use an after market ecu as i cant be bothered to use the ford ecu with the restricive maf sensor.

I recon an extra 10 - 20hp on a ford 2.9 V6?

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Nope.

Nah, I don't really care either way !

Reply to
Nom

You should use the OEM ECU.

"The only problem with fitting a later engine into an older car is that new cars have engine management systems with chipped keys - no ignition key, no go."

So as has been said to you countless times take the relevant bits and you can use the OEM ECU. He was going to need a custom ECU anyway as he has Nitrous & a different turbo (probably K04 rather than the AGU's K03)

So if you don't get the bits you need and plan to run 110bhp more than stock you will need a custom ECU.

Reply to
Depresion