Paging the spack-navisti

Right. Much hunting later and I've found out the following:

1) Garmin class roads by speed limit, which means that they often think an unclassified road is just as speedy as an A or B road. Not good for me as I often end up needing to travel to places in the middle of nowhere in the dark. 2) Tomtom one or whatever replaces it is what I'll be getting. And then when I want new maps, I'll flog it and buy a new sat nav, as it seems map updates cost so much cash there's no sense bothering with them. 3) Handsfree stuff on sat navs apparently doesn't work well.
Reply to
Doki

Hands free on my new Navman S50 works pretty well, all the new satnavs have

4.3" widescreens and most are much of a muchness, you can get the S50 for 109 quid, but you can't go wrong with tomtoms tbh :)
Reply to
Ronny

I've already got a Nokia Cark in the car and a BT headset for my own phone, so I can't see much point in paying for a handsfree that may or may not be s**te.

Reply to
Doki

It's saved me time twice, that's more than enough to pay for the cost of the unit.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

How many times has it sent you on a several mile, crawling detour, when there was no reason, though?

Mine tries it on at least once a day, I've learned to mostly ignore it now.

Reply to
SteveH

None at all

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tell you what, how about I give you a bunch of data to organise, format, test and update, and you do all that for me, for nothing. Can't say fairer than that.

Alternatively, if you weren't a leech and contributed something to the project in the first place, then you'd still have the updates for free.

Reply to
Switters