Paging PeteM - looking for the moon onna stick with extra sauce

As I'm getting fed up with my too shite and too old runabouts I've decided the get something half decent instead. For various reasons this
means a Merc W123 or W124 estate.
Now there's not really a shortage of 124 estates but the majority of them seems to be squarely in the 'shite' category and have been to Mars and back and as such 'just run in'.
So I was wondering if you could keep an eye out for a good, low-ish mileage W124 estate - preferably a late one as I've currently got an early saloon and I'd prefer one with most of the faults sorted, hence the late model.
Engine-wise the preference would be the 300D (preferably with a slush box so Ann can drive it if necessary) or one of the big sixes (280,300,320) otherwise.
That said, I would consider a late, very good W123 estate but they're very elusive these days.
I'm looking at the usual source (fleabay, Autotrader etc) but figured that if you were to come across one I'd be happy to wave cash in your direction...
--
'89 Mazda RX-7 Convertible
'92 Mazda RX-7

Bih/ You're making me want one. What's realistic money for a latish W124 estate, preferably big 6 with an autobox?
Doki wrote:

Heh. You can pick up reasonable onces for about 700-800, really good ones (and I mean *really* good) with low-ish mileages can go for up to two grand.
If MB hadn't screwed up the successor to the W124 then I guess values would've gone down by now but the post W124 E-Class has a few, erm, issues...
--
'89 Mazda RX-7 Convertible
'92 Mazda RX-7

keep an eye out on www.mbclub.co.uk too - they have watchers on ebay etc.
--
You can now get six points for not remembering who was driving your car
- sick of guilty until proven innocent? Petition here

I shall keep an ear out.
I know a chap who had until recently a bloody gorgeous 280TE on an "M" plate, 7 seater, full leather, was slightly miley but properly looked after... I'll see if he's still got it.
--
Pete M - OMF#9
"Save your breath for cooling your porridge!
Pete M wrote:

Ta muchly.

That may be of interest if it's not too leggy. A lot of them are approaching 200k; I've had one close to that mileage and it's a bit too much for my likeing.
--
'89 Mazda RX-7 Convertible
'92 Mazda RX-7