Paging the P38 People.

Picked up the P38 this afternoon and I have to say that it's rather nice but being a P38 has a few gremlins. Figured the best place to ask would be here, so help me if you can, people..

None of the drivers door speakers work.

Cruise control doesn't work, but when I switch it on I hear a relay.

None of the steering wheel buttons work (possibly related to above)

First start it and it says "ALARM FAULT", but the remote works fine.

The book symbol appears randomly on the HEVAC. Sometimes it's fine for a couple of hours, then it'll just come on. Goes out next time it's started.

ABS / TC and brake pad warning lights flash for a sec when I touch the brake pedal. If I nail it out of a junction I get "TRACTION FAILURE" and "ABS FAULT" on the screen. Otherwise the ABS works fine.

Luckily, that seems to be it, so I think I've got a good one.

Pics here, for anyone interested.

Pete M

Nige has got some good knowledge on these...

He got his one perfect.

Then sold it :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Twice!

Reply to
Nige

Still checking the site for the diy p38 diagnostics no luck yet have you seen

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Pete> I love cruise control, so I'm gonna investigate anyway but Pete> you're probably right. >> >>> None of the steering wheel buttons work (possibly related to >>> above) >> >> Loose connector behind the airbag.

Sort the connectors out because you can't set it without the buttons working. Once that's done, check the air hoses to the vacuum pump.

Could be a whole host of things... best to get it on diagnostics to find out.

Pete> Gonna look at them all during the week, will testbook tell Pete> me which one?

Yes, it will.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB