Paging the Cosworth/Ford types

One of my friends has turned up tonight with a Sierra Cosworth - looks like this (it's not this one, this link is just for reference)

- he only paid just under £3k for it (£2.8k I think he said for cash), it's done 101k miles, is 2wd, and has a fresh MOT. Seems to be in pretty much perfect order - no odd lights/sounds, seems to go and stop OK. Has a discreet boost gauge hidden half under the dash - what kinda boost should it be running stock? Can't remember what year it is. Doesn't appear to have any rot and it even seems quite shiny... Also maybe possibly have fettled suspension - we're not sure on that.

Did he get a good buy, assuming it's not about to grenade itself spectaculary? It goes very well in a straight line for a like, 18 year old car or however old it is heh. Needs new rear tyres though - even more so now...

Reply to
DanB

Standard ones run around 9psi of boost. That one is probably been chipped as the wastegate has been changed, so it might be running

14-15psi. Looks ok for the money.
Reply to
Pete M

As I said in the OP - it's not that one ;-)

This one does appear to be running around the 14psi mark as well though. That may explain why it felt so fit then heh!

Reply to
DanB

Oh aye.

14psi on a Cossie is around 280-300 bhp normally.
Reply to
Pete M