Phew...

Nearly got busted for driving a bit too fast in the country roads around my house on my way home. Didn't realise that they were behind me, reversed up my drive as they went past and was out of the car by the time they had turned around.

Methinks I will have to be a bit more careful in future... oops!

PB

Reply to
Peter Butler

How many times do we need to tell you a Bond Bug doesn't have a reverse gear!!!!

Reply to
Nuckfut

I once had a similar experience. I was doing well over a ton, and a copper went past me in the opposite direction. Looked in my rear view mirror, to see his brake lights on.

So I just carried on - I thought the odds on him turning round and catching me up, were nil. And they were - never saw him again :)

Reply to
Nom

Lets not forget the time you went past an entrance with a cop van sat in it at 130 indicated in your old 405 :)

Reply to
Dan405

In the case of a FATAC they will carry out all sorts of tests to find the reason for the accident. One of the first things they try to determine is the speed of the vehicle.

sPoNiX

Reply to
S P O N I X

Are you a cop? :)

Reply to
Ed
[QUOTE] One of the first things they try to determine is the speed of the vehicle. [END QUOTE]

.....and they can get it pretty much spot on too!!!

----------------------------------------- Torque MG Rover - The MG & Rover Owners and Enthusiasts site -

webmaster

I think when I actually *passed* the van, I was prolly down to 60 or 70 (after a MAJOR emergency stop - not fun in a car with no ABS, at 130mph :) All I got was an evil glare...

Reply to
Nom

And the likely hood of being drunk/asleep at the wheel if no or limited skidmarks, but no defect to the breaking system, but debris from the car spread over different areas of the local point of impact.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

What if you don't lock the wheels?

Reply to
Doki

In article , snipped-for-privacy@SPAMMENOTspidar.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

When faced with a an "Oh Shit" most people can actually make a car slide, even ABS has its limits, but it helps.

Remember, not just locking the wheels leaves skid marks, go sideways with enough force in a short enough space, especially in an RD car can leave some rubber behind.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

If you're crashing, then you do. If you didn't, then you'd still be in control, and would (usually) be able to avoid the crash !

Reply to
Nom