Photos from today

Some great shots in there - I think I may well order the CD of those.

Reply to
SteveH

New brakes worth it?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yes. Survived 5 sessions before they got to the point at which I lost a critical amount of braking power. I was amazed at how hard you can hit your brakes on a wet track without locking the fronts.

The problem I had, in the end, was with tyres. The're showing a really strange wear pattern - the tread blocks are down under the legal limit on the outer edge, but almost untouched on the inner edge. This is repeated over all tread block 'bands' across the whole tyre. It has only happened on the nearside, too - both front and rear.

The offside is largely evenly worn.

Very odd indeed - Ashtrayvanman couldn't quite believe or understand it, either.

Reply to
SteveH

Hmmm - tyre lightly loaded being dragged over surface. Must be them lemon meringue tyres you bought.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That wouldn't explain it - most of the bends are right handers, so the lightly loaded side, for most of the lap, is the offside.

Although it does explain why the nearside takes more of a hammering - but it doesn't explain why they wear in such an odd way.

I'm relucatant to spend double on tyres in the hope they'll last 4 track days, though - so, unless I can get a cheap set of Yokos, I'll stick with more Marangonis.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd look at rotating them around a bit. Or trying to shed more weight from the car - has the rear seat gone yet?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, I'm not removing stuff from the car.

And these tyres are so shot, I can't do another day on them.

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH wrote of going on a Track day:

Try putting more air in the left hand side of the tyre next time?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote in news:1i0jkpr.1e1662g1o2fo4qN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk:

you could get away with putting the back seats down. Allegedly.

Reply to
Stuart G Gray

LOL, that is stock dry weather soggy spongy road pressure for the large barge.

Reply to
Elder

To be fair, the 75 only weighs 1100kgs.

I may look at running higher pressures next time out - but need to get a new set of tyres first.

Reply to
SteveH

Hah, the Vee's are -

Front 1.4 bar = 20.3 psi

Rear 2.1 bar = 30.5 psi

:-D

Reply to
Iridium

Ouch - a vague attempt to get stering feel and feedback in a car with no weight over the front.

No wonder they swap ends under braking on trackdays!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It had new fronts just before I got it, so I'm thinking I should check them, as according to other owners, tyre fitters don't seem to accept a pressure so low...

Reply to
Iridium

God, the estelle used something like 26 front 28 rear and that was only a 1.2 cattle truck.

Reply to
Elder