Pinging the Alfa pervs.

Aaarrrrrgghhh same year, wheels and interior and same DOHC 2.0 as my Giulietta. I'm so tempted.

And it's jsut around the corner from home.

Damn, damn, damn.

I've even got the (original Alfa) workshop manual for that Alfetta (somewhere).

Damn.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Sorry Steve. It'd be perfect for Italy as well. ;-)

Reply to
Pete M

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Well, it was when it was under a grand.

Now nearly 2 grand.

I think I'll pass.

It may be nice, but Alfettas aren't *that* good.

Reply to
SteveH

Also having a look at the Picassa photos, there's slightly more work needed than he's letting on. Some bits are hard to find and the damage indicates a less than careful owner. All four bumper endcaps are gouged, some wheelarch rust, some damage and rust to chrome bumper trim. Some internal wear and tear. Damage to rear lenses.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yup, I saw that, too.

It's not worth what it's currently up for, anyway.

He's not entirely truthful about the spec. either - the Cloverleaf wasn't a higher power engine - the difference between Alfetta lumps was that they got fuel injection in '79 and gained around 8bhp. This was applicable to all 2lt saloons, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Hmm are you sure about that? My 81 Giulietta (2.0) had twin choke Dell'Ortos.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The 116 Giulietta sat under the Alfetta in the range - which may explain things.

Looking at the pics., it does appear to be injected.

Reply to
SteveH

I know I'm being pedantic but that's just the way I am, I always assume that somebody is on the make when they put so much detail in, but this guys number don't add up

From the ad

The car was purchased in Monte Carlo in 1983 by an Egyptian gentleman - Mr Zogheb. He owned the car from new until it passed into my keeping about two years ago. The car has a fully documented service history including the original service book stamps which details services up to

39,000 Klms ? this was in 1987 and soon after this date Mr Zogheb retired from driving at the age of 92 and the car was dry stored for 18 years.

It's got full service history up to 39k but it now has 98k so the service history is worthless. The Egyptian guy is the only owner but he's been dead 22 years can he still be the owner if he's dead? The guy bought it 2 years ago supposedly from the dead Egyptian guy which would make it 2007, but it's been dry stored 18 years from 1987 which would make it 2005 so what happened to it between those dates & where do the extra 60k come from.

IASIAAS if you ask me, not that anyone is.

Alan...

Reply to
Alan Smith