Pipe corrision

Evening all

As this weekend is going to be a quite one i thought i would attempt to sort a couple of things on my Golf. One of the things which needs seeing to is a metal coolant pipe which is showing signs of surface corrosion, but there is no signs of leakage. Is it possible to use something like hammerite or should engine paint be used.

Vamp, hope you have a good birthday and take it easy on the beer (my god how old does that sound)

Cheers all

Antony

Reply to
Antony

If it just rusted but not even close to going through, have a look and see if you can find POR15 paint. Silver should work well on coolant pipes. Seals in and goes toward converting rust too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I'd have thought Hammerite would be just fine. It'll never get hotter than around 100c, because the coolant is always passing through it.

Have you looked at simply replacing the pipe ? It'll prolly only be a few quid from somewhere like EuroCarParts !

Reply to
Nom