The "New" Highway Code.

Sorry for the x-post but I felt it was worthy.

Conor

Particularly liked the tables of speed limits and stopping distances ;-)

Reply to
John Laird

Coo... you're quick. I posted that some time ago. Still, nice to see you're awake.

x-post removed.

Reply to
Mark Foster

Disproportionately soft on pedestrians and cyclists, isn't it?

Reply to
squashme

Because, despite the disproportionate responses on sections of Usenet, the majority of illegality and dangerous acts on the road is committed by vehicle drivers?

Reply to
chris harrison

Excluding the obvious (more laws apply to vehicle drivers, a vehicle is inherently more dangerous in an accident) what evidence have you that more dangerous acts are committed by vehicle drivers than by pedestrians?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

No more than than 'squashme' who used the word 'disproportionately' first.

Reply to
chris harrison

Nice one! Seems to sum up what I end up seeing from the driving seat almost every day of the week.

Reply to
Acrosticus

Not my experience, pedal cyclists seem to have the monopoly on fuckwitted behaviour.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thankfully this isn't being posted to the c*cling newsgroups as well or we'd have the green ink brigade all over us again.

Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

committed

The ratio of motorists to cyclists is about 40 - 1. It inevitably follows that many more dangerous acts are committed by vehicle drivers, quite aside from the fact that their vehicles are vastly more dangerous than cycles. Do try to get a sense of proportion.

-- UK Radical Campaigns

Don't vote, it only encourages them. If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal.

Reply to
Doug

Where from? cos you certainly don't seem to have one, either....

Reply to
ian henden

The clichés that could be used to respond to this are as endless as the amount of, doubtless ultimately futile, wasted time it would take to even try to get a reasoned response successfully across the gap between that sentiment and reality.

Reply to
chris harrison

Er... quite.

Do you actually understand the meaning of the word "proportion"?

Reply to
JNugent

"Doug" wrote

drivers,

dangerous

Bicycles ***ARE*** vehicles. You can't be much of a radical if you think that the only proper vehicles are motor vehicles.

Jeremy Parker

Reply to
Jeremy Parker